Honeywell SPM Flex Gas Monitor
Chemcassette tape-based optical gas detection system that draws gas samples locally or from a remote point
Need Help? Call a Temperature Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Chemcassette tape-based with advanced self monitoring optics design
- Lithium ion battery maintains approximately 70% of its original capacity after 300 full charge/discharge cycles
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 40ºC for most gases/applications
- Automatic flow control with bypass system, 250 or 500 cc/min at tape
- Visual and audible alarms
- 3.5 inch Color LCD TFT display with 4-button interface
- 3 on-board relays, 4-20 mA analog output and Modbus/TCP outputs for signal and service connectivity
- Data logging: Rolling up to 3 months, event history up to 1500 events
- IP65 ingress protection rating
- For indoor or outdoor use
What's in the Box
- Wall mounting bracket (fixed mounts units)
- Handle assembly (portable units)
- Clean-room suitable shoulder strap (portable units)
- Power supply
- Power cord
- CD and Quick start guide
The Honeywell SPM Flex gas detector is an extractive gas monitoring system that draws gas samples locally or from a remote point to a Chemcassette tape-based optical gas detection system. A wide range of toxic gas Chemcassette cartridges are available that enable detection of gases used or generated in semiconductor manufacturing and industrial environments.
The SPM Flex detects the ultrasensitive gases inherent in your operations, including hydrides, mineral acids and amines. Honeywell's Chemcassette tape technology shows the presence of gas quickly and definitively with a physical record helping users prevent costly downtime from false alarms. The SPM Flex with Chemcassette tape provides unmatched accuracy, flexibility and ease of use — even in challenging environments. You can rest assured that you're keeping your people safe and your operations running.
The SPM Flex gas detector, available in wall mounted and portable versions, locally displays gas concentration, alarm, fault and status information via its backlit color LCD and LEDs. A simple to use 4-button keypad adjacent to the display provides the ability to set-up, review, operate and make changes to the detector's configuration. The intuitive display and menu structure are designed to require minimal training. The SPM Flex has a local audio alarm with user-configurable output levels. The detector can be used both indoors and outdoors in a wide range of weather conditions.
The detector has flexible power and communications capabilities. These include 3 on-board relays, 4-20 mA analog output and Modbus/TCP outputs for signal and service connectivity. The gas detector is equipped with a USB port for configuration-sharing firmware updates and data downloads. For web-enabled devices, web pages are available via the Ethernet port.
- Honeywell SPM Flex Gas Monitor Brochure PDF (886 KB)
- Honeywell SPM Flex Gas Monitor Data Sheet PDF (683 KB)
- Honeywell SPM Flex Gas Monitor Manual PDF (12.5 MB)
- Honeywell SPM Flex Gas Monitor Quick Start Guide PDF (1.8 MB)
- Honeywell Bump Test and Calibration Frequency Guidelines PDF (70 KB)
- Honeywell Detectable Gases List PDF (72 KB)
These additional components are required for the operation of your product. We strongly advise you to purchase these components unless you already own them or own a suitable alternative.
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Gas Detection for Semiconductor Tool Maintenance
The Background: Our customer is a semiconductor fabrication plant seeking a means to test the ambient air for toxic gases which may be released when tools are broken down for maintenance.
The Problem: The process of making integrated circuits involves chemical processing using a variety of exotic toxic chemicals. Some of these chemicals remain in the tooling used during the fabrication process and may be released when the tooling is disassembled for maintenance. The customer needs a gas detector capable of detecting these exotic gases.
The Solution: We recommended the Honeywell SPM Flex gas detector a chemcassette tape-based optical gas detector specialized for the detection of gases used or generated in semiconductor manufacturing and industrial environments. The exotic gas list and the ease of changing between gas cartridges without the need for calibration made the SMP Flex the ideal solution for the application. The customer can put in the gas-specific cartridge, sample for the gas, and once the space has been deemed safe they can take out the cartridge, insert another one and move on to the next space to detect the next gas.