Rosemount Analytical 975UF Flame Detector
Ultra-fast flame detector incorporates ultraviolet and infrared sensors capable of providing high speed response to explosive fires
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Integrated UV/IR dual-sensor provides high speed response to explosive fires
- Detects flash fires in just 20 msec
- Monitors broad range of hydrocarbon and hydrogen gases
- Sample detection ranges (at highest sensitivity setting for 1 ft2 pan fire):
- Gasoline: 66 feet
- Diesel fuel: 49 feet
- Methane: 26 feet
- Field of view: Horizontal 100˚; Vertical 95˚
- Solar blind to help eliminate false alarms
- Automatic Built-In-Test to assure continued reliable operation
- Heated optics eliminates condensation and icing on the window for operation in harsh weather
- Multiple output options for maximum flexibility and compatibility
- Relays (3) for alarm, fault and auxiliary
- Analog output for fast detection
- 0–20 mA (stepped)
- HART® Protocol for maintenance and asset management
- RS-485, Modbus Compatible
- User programmable via HART® or RS-485
- Spectral response:
- UV: 0.185–0.260 μm
- IR: 2.5–3.0 μm
- Approved to Safety Integrity Level 2 (SIL 2 - TÜV)
- IP66 and IP67 rated per EN 60529, NEMA 250 6P
- Hazardous area approvals: ATEX and IECEx, FM and CSA
The Rosemount 975UF ultra-fast ultraviolet infrared flame detector can detect hydrocarbon-based fuel and gas fires, hydroxyl and hydrogen fires, as well as metal and inorganic fires. The UV/IR flame detector senses radiant energy in the short wave section of both the ultraviolet and infrared portions of the electromagnetic spectrum. The signals from both sensors are analyzed for frequency, intensity and duration. Simultaneous detection of radiant energy in both the UV and IR sensors triggers an alarm signal. The UV sensor incorporates a special logic circuit that helps prevent false alarms caused by solar radiation.
The 975UF has a wide coverage area and can detect a gasoline pan fire at 66 feet. Response time for flash fires is an impressive 20 msec. The 975UF can perform in the harshest environmental conditions as either as a stand-alone unit directly connected to an alarm system or an automatic fire extinguishing system, or as part of a more complex system where many detectors and other devices are integrated through a common control unit. Performance can be easily adapted by changing the detector's configuration parameters. Adjusting these parameters, as well and performing other maintenance and monitoring tasks, is possible by means of RS-485-based Modbus communication or HART communication (in models with 0-20 mA output).
Built to be extremely durable and weather-resistant, the Rosemount Analytical 975UF flame detector features heated windows for operation in harsh weather conditions, such as snow, ice, or condensation; broad operating temperature ranges from -67°F to 185°F (-55°C to 85°C); and multiple output options for maximum flexibility and compatibility.
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications: