Rosemount Analytical 975MR Flame Detector
Multi-spectrum infrared sensing detects hydrocarbon fuel and gas fires with superior reliability and high false alarm immunity
Need Help? Call a Flow Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Multi-spectrum design for long distance detection of fuel and gas fires
- High false alarm immunity
- 4 sensitivity ranges ensures no zone crossover detection
- Sample detection ranges (at highest sensitivity setting for 1 ft2 pan fire):
- Gasoline: 215 feet
- Diesel fuel: 150 feet
- Methane: 150 feet
- Field of view: Horizontal 100˚; Vertical 95˚
- Response time: typically 5 seconds
- Automatic and Manual Built-In-Test (BIT) to assure continued reliable operation
- Heated optics eliminates condensation and icing on the window for operation in harsh weather conditions
- Multiple output options for maximum flexibility and compatibility
- Relays (3) for alarm, fault and auxiliary 0–20 mA (stepped)
- HART® Protocol for maintenance and asset management
- RS-485, Modbus Compatible
- User programmable via HART® or RS-485
- Meets MIL-STD-810C for Humidity, Salt & Fog, Vibration, Mechanical Shock, High Temp, Low Temp
- IP66 and IP67 rated per EN 60529, NEMA 250 6P
- Hazardous area approvals: ATEX and IECEx, FM and CSA
The Rosemount Analytical 975MR flame detector utilizes a multi-spectrum infrared sensor specifically designed for detecting hydrocarbon fuel and gas fires at long distances with superior reliability and the highest immunity to false alarms. The 975MR can perform in the harshest environmental conditions as either as a stand-alone unit directly connected to an alarm system or an automatic fire extinguishing system, or as part of a more complex system where many detectors and other devices are integrated through a common control unit.
The 975MR detects hydrocarbon fuel and gas fires with wide area coverage, capable of detecting a gasoline pan fire at 215 feet or diesel fuel at 150 feet in less than five seconds. Detection performance can be easily adapted to all environments, applications, and requirements by changing the detector's configuration parameters. Adjusting these parameters, as well and performing other maintenance and monitoring tasks, is possible by means of RS-485-based Modbus communication or HART communication (in models with 0-20 mA output).
Built to be extremely durable and weather-resistant, the Rosemount Analytical 975MR flame detector features heated windows for operation in harsh weather conditions, such as snow, ice, or condensation; broad operating temperature ranges from -67°F to 185°F (-55°C to 85°C); and multiple output options for maximum flexibility and compatibility.
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications: