Dakota Ultrasonics MAX II Bolt Tension Monitor
Uses ultrasonic transit time technology to measure the elongation, load, stress and percent strain of a fastener under tension
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Measurement quantities: elongation, load, stress, strain and time (nanoseconds)
- Measure modes: Pulse-Echo, Echo- Echo, Echo-Echo-Verify (triple echo)
- Velocity: 0.0492 to .5510 in/μs (1250–13995m/s)
- Measurement Range: 1 to 999.999 inches (2540cm) in pulse-echo (P-E) measurement mode. Range will vary using multi-echo modes - dependent on material type and consistency.
- Resolution: +/- 0.00001 in (0.0001 mm)
- Sunlight readable color QVGA display (320x240 pixels)
- Calibration: Automatic, Fixed, Single or Two-Point zero calibration options
- Auto correlation - transducer placement
- 4GB internal & up to 64GB external SD memory
- USB 1.1 connectivity
- Analog, serial & alarm outputs
- PC interface reporting software
- Import & export files
- Meets IP65 requirements
- Li-Ion pack & 6 AA emergency battery backup option
- 2 year warranty
What's in the Box
- RS232 Lemo to DB9 transfer cable
- USB converter cable to DB9
- 10’ Lemo to Microdot transducer cable
- Carrying Case
- PC Utility Software
- (3) AA Batteries
- 4 oz. Couplant
- Operation Manual
The Dakota Ultrasonics MAX II Bolt Tension Monitor uses ultrasonic transit time technology to measure the elongation, load, stress and percent strain of a fastener under tension. The MAX II incorporates many of the features found on other bolt tension monitors from Dakota Ultrasonics with some added benefits in terms of features, hardware, speed, and length.
The Dakota Ultrasonics MAX II Bolt Tension Monitor very accurately measures fasteners up to 100 feet in length. The measurement is achieved by determining the change in the transit time of an ultrasonic shock wave along the length of the fastener, as the fastener is tightened by any mechanical method. MAX II then interprets this time measurement into a given quantity of time (nanoseconds), elongation, load, stress, or %strain while applying a load on the fastener. Using a variety of processing and automation, the MAX II reduces operator error. With built in data recordation and supporting DakView utility software for Windows PC & MAC OSX, the MAX II offers an easy to use and reliable solution to accommodate the most difficult bolting applications.
These additional components are required for the operation of your product. We strongly advise you to purchase these components unless you already own them or own a suitable alternative.
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications: