Panametrics GS868 Ultrasonic Flow Meter
Complete ultrasonic flow metering system that measures saturated or superheated steam
Need Help? Call a Flow Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- For saturated and superheated steam
- Measures flow with no pressure drop or moving parts
- Mass flow
- Standard & actual volumetric flow
- Totalized flow
- Flow velocity
- For pipes from 2 to 48 inches
- 100kHz transducer operating frequency
- Range (Bidirectional): –150 to 150 ft/s
- Flow Accuracy (Velocity): ±1 to 2% of reading typical
- Repeatability: ±0.2 to 0.5% of reading
- Rangeability (Overall): 1500:1
- Compatible with all pipe materials
- Two independent backlit LCD graphic displays
- Numerical or graphic format
- 39-key tactile-feedback membrane keypad
- Internal memory stores over 43,000 flow data points
The Panametrics DigitalFlow GS868 ultrasonic flowmeter is designed to measure the mass flow rate of saturated or superheated steam. It offers a unique combination of no pressure drop, wide rangeability, ease of installation, low maintenance and high accuracy in a full-feature flowmeter package.
The Panametrics DigitalFlow GS868 flowmeter system consists of one or two pairs of transducers, preamplifiers and an electronics console. The compact ultrasonic transducers are installed in the pipe or duct, one upstream of the other and up to 500 feet from the console. The transducers send and receive ultrasonic pulses through the steam. The meter measures the difference between the upstream and downstream transit times, and uses digital signal processing, advanced signal processing and correlation detection to calculate velocity and volumetric flow rate. Mass flow is calculated from the input of temperature and pressure and the built-in steam tables
Since the DigitalFlow GS868's transducers do not obstruct the flow, they generally do not cause any pressure drop. The DigitalFlow GS868 has no parts that foul or collect debris, and no moving parts to wear out. As a result, it requires no lubrication, cleaning or other routine maintenance.
With its broad range of measurement velocities and its ability to measure flow in any pipe from small to very large, one DigitalFlow GS868 meter does the job of several conventional meters. It handles pipes from 2 to 48 inches in diameter and velocities from 0.1 to 150 ft/s―in either direction―in saturated or superheated steam.
In addition to the standard single-channel model, an optional two-channel model provides enhanced accuracy when measuring two paths on a single pipe. It can also be used to measure a single path on two pipes.
In addition to velocity, volumetric and mass flow data, the DigitalFlow GS868 also provides diagnostic parameters such as transit times and sound speed, to aid in setup and troubleshooting. Any of this data can be easily printed, logged, sent to an analog or digital output, or read in numeric or graphic format on the dual window display.
The DigitalFlow GS868 flowmeter makes it easy to send the data where it needs to go, through the standard digital output, standard or optional analog outputs, or optional alarms. All outputs are conveniently set up and calibrated from the keypad or from a computer using PanaView™ PC-interface software.
When ordering the Panametrics DigitalFlow GS868 ultrasonic flowmeter, it is important to complete and return the Application Data Sheet found in the "Docs and Specs" tab. This will help ensure the correct meter is selected for your particular application. When complete, the Application Data Sheet should be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Panametrics GS868 Ultrasonic Flow Meter Start-up Guide PDF (2.0 MB)
- Panametrics GS868 Ultrasonic Flow Meter Manual PDF (1.6 MB)
- Panametrics GS868 Ultrasonic Flow Meter Programming Manual PDF (2.4 MB)
- Panametrics GS868 Ultrasonic Flow Meter Communications Manual PDF (2.4 MB)
- Panametrics GS868 Ultrasonic Flow Meter Application Datasheet PDF (47 KB)
- Instrumart's Flow Application Form PDF (110 KB)
These additional components are required for the operation of your product. We strongly advise you to purchase these components unless you already own them or own a suitable alternative.
Please consider these optional accessories.