Fox Thermal FT1 Mass Flow Meter
Insertion or inline gas flow meter & temperature transmitter with 4-20mA primary output & choice of secondary pulse or RS485
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Measures gas flow in choice of unit
- SCFM, NM3/HR, LBS/HR, KG/HR, & more
- 15 to 15,000 SFPM flow range
- Turndown: up to 1000:1; 100:1 typical
- DDC-Sensor technology (Direct Digitally Controlled)
- Responds to changes in process variables
- Platform for calculating accurate gas correlations
- Gas-SelectX gas selection menu, field selectable
- Multiple pre-programmed gas calibrations
- Rotatable probe allows ±180 degree swivel
- USB port to connect to a PC
- NEMA 4 enclosure, all welded 316SS wetted materials
- Approved for FM/FMc, ATEX, IECEx
- CE Mark
The Fox Thermal FT1 Mass Flow Meter with its DDC-Sensor and advanced correlation algorithm provides an accurate, multi-gas-capable thermal gas flow meter. Many customers need a fast solution to their monitoring needs. For these cases, FOX has developed the Gas-SelectX calibration gas menu feature for the Model FT1 flow meter. Gas-SelectX allows the user to choose from a menu of several common gases or gas mixtures for their application. Available gases are Air, Argon, Carbon Dioxide, Methane, Natural Gas, Nitrogen, Oxygen, Helium, Propane, Methane/Carbon Dioxide/Nitrogen Mixes, and more coming.
The user can program the percentages of methane, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen to achieve the perfect mix for their application. The meter's proprietary algorithm allows the user to switch the calibration gas in the field, as needed. Whether you need to measure natural gas or air, CO2 or digester gas, the FT1 brings these options and more to the user with a quick push of a button.
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications:
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Industrial Natural Gas Usage
The Background: Our customer, a manufacturing facility, wants to monitor the amount of natural gas flowing to a large oven used in their manufacturing process as a way to monitor the efficiency of that piece of equipment.
The Problem: The meter is going to be installed outside in the cold and heat.
The Solution: We suggested the Fox Thermal FT1 Mass Flow Meter which was designed for common gas monitoring applications like compressed air, oxygen and of course natural gas. The FT1 includes an LCD display that dims automatically at -4˚F to prevent damage. Pulse output is sent to a remote display for viewing totalization inside the building.