GF Signet 2734-2736 pH / ORP Electrodes
Patented reference electrode design that uses the unique foul-proof patented DryLoc connector
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Allows for installation at any angle, even inverted or horizontal
- 50 to 212°F (10 to 100°C) operating temp
- 95% efficiency at 77°F (25°C)
- 0 to 14 pH
- ±2000 mV ORP
- Broad range of chemical compatibility
- Ryton (PPS) body & PTFE junction
- DryLoc connector with gold plated contacts
- Quick temperature response
- Mounts in Signet standard fittings DN15 to DN100 (1/2 to 4in)
- RoHS compliant
The GF Signet 2734-2736 pH / ORP electrodes have a large area PTFE reference junction, salt bridge and reference electrode that are constructed to increase the total reference effectiveness, resist chemical attack, and ensure long service life.
The DryLoc connector with corrosion resistant gold plated contacts readily connects the sensor to the mating 2750 sensor electronics. The robust Ryton threaded sensor body and choice of flat, bulb pH, or flat ORP sensing elements provide a broad range of chemical compatibility for a wide variety of applications. There is an optional pH sensing version available for applications with HF. The HF version is for applications where traces of hydrofluoric acid (2% or less) will attack standard pH glass in levels of pH 6 and below.
The PT1000 temperature sensor offers quick temperature response and allows compatibility with the Signet 8900 and 9900 instruments.
These electrodes are ideal for a wide range of harsh applications. The sensors incorporate 3/4 inch NPT or ISO 7/1-R 3/4 threads for installing into standard pipe-tees. They can also be mounted directly into Signet standard fittings, DN15 to DN100 (1/2 to 4 inch).
Applications for GF Signet 2734-2736 pH / ORP Electrodes
- Water & wastewater treatment
- Neutralization systems
- Effluent monitoring
- Sanitization systems
- Pool & spa control
- Aquatic animal life support systems
- Process control
- Cooling towers
Please note some advice on best use of these electrodes:
- Use the flat glass electrodes when a self-cleaning feature is desired; especially useful in applications with abrasive chemicals.
- Use bulb protected electrodes for general purpose applications.
- ORP electrodes are generally used for chemical reaction monitoring, not control.
- Ensure that sensor materials are chemically compatible with the process liquid.
- Keep electrode tip wet, avoid air pockets and sediment.
This product can be used in the following applications:
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Long Lasting Probes for a Chicken Processing Plant
The Background: Our customer is a chicken processing plant which needs to monitor the pH of their wastewater.
The Problem: The fats in the wastewater coat the pH probes while the treatment chemicals that are used can cause the probes to drift. Both of these issues are very hard on general purpose probes and they do not last long in this application.
The Solution: We recommended the GF Signet 2734 pH electrode which is ideal for this application. The 2734 has a flat design which, when installed in a flowing pipe, will self-clean. A revised reference and salt bridge also help extend the service life of the 2734.