Greyline Instruments PTFM 1.0 Ultrasonic Flow Meter
Portable transit time flow meter for accurate flow measurements of clean liquids with less than 2% solids or gas bubbles
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Non-contacting clamp-on ultrasonic transducers
- For pipes from 2 to 48 inches
- ±0.07 to 39ft/sec (±0.02 to 12 m/sec) typical flow range
- ±1% of reading or 0.1ft/sec accuracy
- ±0.25% repeatability & linearity
- 4-20mA and USB output
- Large backlit flow rate display & totalizer
- Built-in NiMH battery
- Up to 18 hours continuous operation
- Programmable 300,000 pointy data logger
- Time and date stamped
- Formatted flow reports
- Total, average, minimum, maximum & times of occurrence
- Built-in 5-key calibrator
What's in the Box
- Pair of SE16B clamp-on ultrasonic sensors
- Pair of coaxial cables with BNC connectors
- Stainless steel transducer brackets
- Mounting clamps
- Alignment bar
- Silicone coupling compound
- Data logging PC software (Windows)
- Set of 4-20mA and USB cables
- Installation and operation manual
- NIST certificate
The Greyline Instruments PTFM 1.0 ultrasonic flow meter uses transit time technology to make accurate flow measurements of clean liquids with less than 2% solids or gas bubbles; such as water, glycol, oils and chemicals; in full pipes. The PTFM 1.0 is is fast and easy to operate making it ideal for flow troubleshooting, balancing and checking performance of permanent flow meters. The non-contact transducers quickly attach to the outside of a pipe while the built-in keypad and calibration menu let you set up the instrument in minutes. Use the PTFM 1.0 for projects where a permanent flowmeter is not required or to temporarily replace installed flow transmitters.
The PTFM 1.0 uses non-intrusive SE16B flow transducers which work with pipes from 2 to 48 inches in diameter. The ultrasonic signal works through common pipe materials including carbon steel, stainless steel, ductile iron, cast iron, PVC, PVDF, fiberglass, copper, brass, aluminum and pipes with bonded liners including epoxy, rubber and Teflon. Transducers can be mounted without shutting down flow and there is no obstruction or pressure drop. It measures and totalizes forward and reverse flow.
The Greyline PTFM 1.0 is portable and powered by a built-in NiMH battery that provides up to 18 hours of continuous operation. With its 4-20mA output you can use the PTFM 1.0 as a spare transmitter in critical applications. For flow studies and troubleshooting, use the built-in 300,000 point data logger. Data logs can be retrieved with the data logging software. Simply connect the USB output directly to your PC or Laptop to download data logger files.
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications: