Mercoid MPC Level Controller
Compatible with almost any style level transmitter providing versatile level control
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Selectable pump alternation when used with two pumps to minimize pump wear. With alternation “on” a seal failure or over temperature condition will force the non-failed pump to lead status and stop alternation
- When used with a submersible pump including a moisture sensor the MPC has alarm light indication of seal failure
- When used with a pump including a thermostat the MPC has alarm light indication of pump over temperature and removes the pump from service. The pump can be brought back into service automatically or by manual reset when the pump has cooled down.
- Alarms can be programmed for output indication of pump seal failure or over temperature
- Selectable time delay, for pump two, on power up to prevent both pumps from starting at the same time. If power is lost, upon regaining power a time delay of up to 60 seconds can be selected to prevent too large of a current draw
- Integral 24 VDC power supply for level transmitter
- Displays pump run time from a front panel button
- Test System function that simulates the process input to ensure the pumps are operating or to test programming
- User selectable security lock-out of programming and/or set points
- Inputs: 4 (or 0) to 20 mA DC or 2 (or 0) to 10 VDC selectable
- Control Relays: SPDT, rated 10A @ 240 VAC res., 1/4 hp @ 120 VAC, 1/3 hp @ 240 VAC; Alarm Relays: SPST, 3A @ 240 VAC res., 1/10 hp @ 120 VAC
- Control Type: On/off, reverse (pump out) or direct (pump in) acting
- Accuracy: ±0.25% of span, ±1 least significant digit
- Two 4-digit, 7 segment display with 0.56" high LEDs
- CE, cUL, UL approvals
The Mercoid MPC Level Controller provides versatile level control in a standard 1/4 DIN package. Designed for use with almost any style level transmitter the unit displays the present level and main set point value. Incorporated in the MPC is programmable level differential for on/off control of one or two pumps, valves, or other devices through two SPDT relays. Also featured are two additional programmable alarm contacts with front alarm light indication.
The MPC is flexible and incorporates a user-friendly programming menu. The front face meets NEMA 4X for outdoor panel mounting. So many features are combined into the MPC that it eliminates many components in a pump control system.
This product can be used in the following applications: