Krohne OPTIWAVE 5200 C/F Radar Level Meter
Continuous-wave radar level meter measures distance, level and volume of liquids, slurries and pastes
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- 2-wire / 10 GHz Radar (FMCW) Level Meter
- Universal measurement device for liquids, pastes and slurries
- PP or PTFE Wave Horn antennas for the measurement of corrosive products
- Modular design: horizontal or vertical position of housing is suitable for almost all installations
- Optional local display with an integrated 4-button keypad. It is not necessary to remove the housing cover to get access to the keypad.
- Quick coupling system permits removal of the housing under process conditions and rotation of the housing through 360°
- Bayonet housing cover permits easy opening and closing of the housing, even after years in service
- Measuring range up to 30 m / 98.4 ft
- Converter is backwards compatible with all BM 70x flange systems
- SIL2-compliant according to IEC 61508 for safety-related systems
- Each device is calibrated on dedicated calibration rigs before it leaves the factory
The Krohne OPTIWAVE 5200 C/F is a non-contact level meter that uses continuous-wave radar technology. Featuring a modular housing and antenna design to ensure suitability for a variety of mounting positions and applications, The OPTIWAVE 5200 C/F is available with PP or PTFE antenna options for use measuring corrosive products. These features make it ideal for measuring distance, level and volume of liquids, slurries and pastes across all industries especially chemicals, oil and gas, power, wastewater, metals, minerals and mining.
With a measuring range of up to 30 meters (98.4 feet), the OPTIWAVE 5200 C/F is the perfect radar level meter for storage and simple process tanks. Its quick coupling system permits removal of the converter under process conditions and rotation through 360˚ to make the display screen easy to read. Thanks to the innovative hosing design, you can also specify the way in which the display is fixed to the device. This makes it accessible, regardless of whether it's installed on a tank, in a recess, or in buildings with low roofs. The remote version, the OPTIWAVE 5200 F, features a separate signal converter with display. It allows installation and operation up to 100 meters (328 feet) away from the antenna, such as at the tank bottom or in a control room.
The Krohne OPTIWAVE 5200 C/F is a 2-wire device that is backwards compatible with all flange systems from Krohne's BM 70X level meters. Simply install the converter from the OPTIWAVE 5200 on the flange and antenna assembly of the existing device. This will quickly bring your existing measuring equipment up to date so that it conforms to the highest standards while providing you with options such as SIL, ATEX, FF, Profibus PA, and HART.
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Measuring Solvent Levels in Pressurized Containers with Vapor Blankets
The Background: The customer, a materials producer that supplies precious metals to the semiconductor industry, needs to monitor the level of liquid solvents.
The Problem: The solvents are flammable and stored in pressurized, glass-lined tanks with a vapor blanket. Ultrasonic level meters are unreliable because of the vapor blanket and pressurized tanks, necessitating the use of a different technology.
The Solution: The Krohne Optiwave 5200 with hazardous area approvals uses radar to detect level making it ideal for pressurized containers with vapor blankets.