GE Panametrics IQ.probe Aluminum Oxide Moisture Probe
Measures moisture concentration in gases from trace to ambient levels
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- To be used with Dew.IQ moisture analyzer
- Ambient to ppb moisture measurement
- 16-bit resolution
- Nonvolatile calibration data storage
- Calibrations traceable to NIST
- Requires only twisted pair cabling
- Standard dew point range: -80 to 20°C (-112 to 68°F) w/ data to -110°C (–166°F)
- Overall range capability: -166 to 140°F (-110 to 60°C)
- Calibrated accuracy 77°F (25°C)
- ±2°C (3.6°F) from –65° to 10°C (–85° to 50°F)
- ±3°C (5.4°F) from –80° to –66°C (–112° to –87°F)
- ±0.5°C (0.9°F) from –65° to 10°C (–85° to 50°F)
- ±1.0°C (1.8°F) from –80° to –66°C (–112° to –87°F)
- Flow ranges:
- Gases: Static to 10,000 cm/s linear velocity at 1 atm
- Liquids: Static to 10 cm/s linear velocity at density of 1 g/cc
This product is an accessory for the following products:
The GE Panametrics IQ.probe Aluminum Oxide Moisture Probe measures moisture concentration in gases from trace to ambient levels. It is designed to be used in conjunction with the Panametrics dew.IQ analyzer in applications for industries including:
- Industrial gas
- Furnace gas/heat treating
- Power generation
- Air dryer
Panametrics aluminum oxide moisture probes have set the standard of performance and value in industrial moisture measurement for more than 40 years.
The IQ.probe is coupled to the Panametrics dew.IQ hygrometers by an interconnecting cable. Ease of use, wide measurement range and rigorous calibration standards make these systems the preferred choice for industrial moisture measurement worldwide.
The real power of the IQ.probe comes from an electronics module that is attached to the moisture sensor probe. The 16 bit resolution allows it to detect parts per billion changes in moisture concentration. The electronics are self-calibrating ensuring long-term stability.
Sensor calibration data is stored in a nonvolatile EEPROM, so data entry to the dew.IQ is automatic.
The aluminum oxide sensor is individually calibrated in one of the world's most advanced moisture calibration facilities. Developed over several decades, this facility generates precisely known moisture concentrations, traceable to national standards.
Data is gathered and stored by a dedicated computer system. Calibrations are repeated over a period of many months to ensure the stability of each individual moisture probe. Only those probes that meet GE's demanding specifications for accuracy and stability are shipped to customers.
The IQ.probe is designed to be located at the process, exactly where the measurement is needed. The sensor can withstand process temperature excursions up to 70°C and process pressures from vacuum up to 5000 psig (345 bar). No minimum flow rate is required. The probe can be located up to 3000 feet (0.9 km) from the analyzer, connectedby inexpensive, unshielded, twisted-pair cable (AWG 22). As a result, the probe can be placed in the ideal location, without the cost, delays and installation problems associated with special cabling.