Setra 278 Barometric Pressure Transducer
0.1 mb/yr stability, high accuracy, < 100mSec response time, low power consumption
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Long-term stability: 0.1 mb/yr
- Sleep mode for instant startup (<1 sec.)
- Low power consumption
- Calibration NIST traceable
- Removable terminal strip module for easy wiring
- Footprint configured for easy drop-in replacement
- Meets CE conformance standards
- 0 to 2.5 and 0 to 5 VDC output
- Operating temp range: -40 to 140°F (-40 to 60°C)
- Wide operating voltage 9.5 to 28 VDC
The Setra 278 Barometric Pressure Transducer is designed for use in environmental applications that require excellent accuracy, fast dynamic response, and long-term stability and reliability.
To withstand the environmental extremes typically found in Automated Weather Station (AWS) and environmental monitoring applications, the Model 278 housing is constructed of stainless steel and polyester. A removable 5-pin terminal strip module is provide for easy connection to data logger and signal connections, and a 1/8" Barbed fitting is used for pressure connection. The transducer's footprint (3.6" x 2.4" x 1.0") makes it ideal for use as a new or drop-in replacement to existing configurations.
The Model 278 is operable in temperatures from -40°C to +60°C (-40°F to +140°F). Users may choose 0 to 2.5 VDC or 0 to 5 VDC output, a 3 or 4 wire circuit and an excitation range of 9.5 to 28 VDC.
This unit consumes low levels of power (3mA nominal) while in operation. Its sleep mode feature reduces power consumption to 1 μA, and provides instant startup for applications where pressure readings must be taken quickly.
- Automated weather station (AWS)
- Data buoys and ships
- Agricultural metrology system
- AWOS/ASOS systems
- Laser interferometer
- Wind tunnel
- High accuracy barometric pressure measurement
- Data logger
This product can be used in the following applications: