Kobold DOR Series Paddle Wheel Flow Meter
Cost effective, exceptional tolerance to dirt and solids
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Flow range:
- (0.25 to 6,300 L/s) to (0.4 to 49,000 L/s)
- Flow velocity range: 0.3 to 10 m/s
- Material: stainless steel
- Viscosity range: low viscous
- Linearity: ±1.5% with well established flow profile
- Pressure max: 80 bar
- Temp max: 392°F (200°C)
- Repeatability: ±1% of f.s.
The Kobold DOR Series Paddle Wheel Flow Meter is a very cost effective instrument for accurately measuring the ﬂow of water or water-like liquids in large pipes.
The sensor is inserted into the process piping via a thread-olet or half nipple ﬁtting. Liquid ﬂow through the pipe results in rotation of the afﬁxed paddle wheel. The rotational speed of the paddle is proportional to the ﬂow velocity, and therefore, proportional to the ﬂowrate in the pipe.
The insertion type design provides a measuring technique that is much less expensive than full bore ﬂowmeters, especially in larger pipe sizes. Insertion paddle wheel sensors are a robust measuring technology that boasts exceptional tolerance to dirt and solids.
The DOR series features an all 316 L stainless steel body. The rotor is made of PVDF or PEEK, with a long-life, graphite/ PTFE self-lubricating bearing. The DOR has an integral, precision insertion mechanism that allows the installer to insert the rotor to the precise depth in the pipe for optimal readings.
Outputs include NPN open collector frequency, and/or reed contact frequency or millivolt frequency. Optional indicators include battery powered totalizers, loop powered ratemeter/totalizers and batch controllers.
The DOR-5 is suitable for "hot tap" installation. With its symmetrical design the DOR may be used for bi-directional ﬂow measurement.
- HVAC: Hot and Chilled water, Fire system and thermal energy monitoring
- Municipal: Water distribution, water management and water treatment
- Irrigation: Water management
- Water treatment: Chlorination, de-salination and mechani-cal ﬁltration plants, chemical injection systems
- Reﬁ neries: Primary ﬂ ow additive injection, ﬁre and cooling systems
- Power generation: Boiler feed water, steam condensate, process water and water balancing
- Chemical: Process & cooling tower water, chemical and water batching
- Others: Cement manufacturing, diesel fuel transferring, ﬂow testing, ﬁ re truck and hydrant ﬂ ow monitoring, food processing, pulp/paper, mining