Fox Thermal FT3 Mass Flow Meter & Temperature Transmitter
Explosion-proof thermal Gas Mass Flow Meter with inline and insertion options
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Field selectable units SCFM, NM3H, Kg/Hr and more
- Turndown range typically 100:1
- Measures process gas and temperature
- 4 to 20 mA outputs for flow and temperature; pulse output for flow
- 316 stainless steel sensor; Hastelloy C276 optional
- USB connection standard (free FT3 View Software); Optional HART and RS485 Modbus
- Optional display, LCD 2 line, 16 character, backlit, Infrared (IR) buttons
- CAL-V in pipe calibration validation
- Zero CAL-CHECK calibration validation feature
- Power input 24 VDC or optional 85 to 264 VAC in local or remote enclosures
- FM and FMc approvals
- ATEX and IECEx approvals, Zone 1 and 2
- Class I, Div 1, Groups B,C,D
- Class I, Div 2, Groups A,B,C,D
- Class II & III, Div 1, Groups E,F,G
- Indoor/outdoor NEMA 4X and CE approved
The Fox Thermal FT3 mass flow meter and temperature transmitter measures two important process variables with a single instrument, providing isolated 4 to 20 mA and pulse outputs for flow rate, and a 4 to 20 mA pulse output for process gas temperature or a second flow rate output.
Direct mass flow measurement, exceptional low-flow sensitivity, fast response, and low maintenance requirements distinguish the Fox Model FT3. Virtually immune to changes in temperature and pressure, the flow meter delivers repeatable, accurate mass flow measurement under varying loads. It's rugged, no-moving-parts design is also ideal for high-vibration industrial environments, and enhanced EMI immunity makes it suitable for environments where electric motors, igniters or dirty power may affect instrument performance.
CAL-V Performs Calibration Validation in your Pipe
The Model FT3's CAL-V feature is an in-situ calibration routine that validates the flow meter's calibration accuracy by testing the functionality of the sensor and its associated signal processing circuitry. This innovative approach lets you validate instrument calibration in your pipe, at your process conditions, with just a push of a button. At the conclusion of the test, the meter will display a pass/fail message and the CAL-V data is saved in the meter for look-up at any time.
Zero CAL-CHECK Calibration Validation Feature
- Checks for build-up on sensor that could affect calibration
- Further validates the zero stability of the meter
- Checks thermal conductivity (heat transfer) repeatability of the sensor
Unlike CAL-V, which may be performed in the pipe and at process conditions, Zero CAL-CHECK must be performed at zero flow to ensure a valid test result. Depending on the test selected (insitu or out of pipe), zero flow will either be compared to a customer-established field baseline or factory baseline.
View the FT3 calibration validation flyer for more information about the CAL-V and Zero CAL-CHECK features.
- Fox Thermal FT3 Mass Flow Meter & Temperature Transmitter Modbus Protocol PDF (301 KB)
- Fox Thermal FT3 Application Datasheet PDF (544 KB)
- Fox Thermal FT3 Mass Flow Meter & Temperature Transmitter Calibration Validation User Guide PDF (2.0 MB)
- Fox Thermal FT2 & FT3 FAQs PDF (1.0 MB)
- Fox Thermal FT2 & FT3 Comparison PDF (92 KB)
- Fox Thermal FT3 Calibration Validation Flyer PDF (168 KB)
- Fox Thermal FT3 Mass Flow Meter & Temperature Transmitter Display Configuration Code PDF (503 KB)
These additional components are required for the operation of your product. We strongly advise you to purchase these components unless you already own them or own a suitable alternative.
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications: