Dakota Ultrasonics DFX-7 Series Flaw Detector & Thickness Gauge
Ultrasonic thickness gauge and flaw detector in one compact unit.
Need Help? Call a Flow Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- 2 year limited warranty
- Large data storage up to 210,000 readings
- Rugged extruded aluminum body
- Operating Temperature: 14 to 140°F (-10C to 60°C)
- Frequency bands:
- DFX-7 (1.8 to 19MHz)
- DFX-7+ (1.8 to 19MHz, 2MHz, 5MHz, 10MHz)
- Flaw Detector:
- Sizing Toolkits: DAC, AWS, TCG, DGS
- P.R.F. - 8 to 333Hz, adjustable
- Screen Refresh Rate: Adjustable 60 & 120 Hz
- Detection: Z-Cross, Flank & Peak
- Thickness Gauge:
- Automatic: probe zero, probe recognition, and temperature compensation.
- Up to 12 hours of battery life using 3 AA cells.
- Windows PC interface software included.
The Dakota Ultrasonics DFX-7 Series flaw detector is a full featured digital scope designed to handle the simplest to the most difficult applications. Whether the application requires high penetration for materials that are difficult to measure, or high resolution for precision aerospace parts, the Dakota Ultrasonics DFX-7 series flaw detectors are equipped with the necessary features to do the job.
Features of the Dakota Ultrasonics DFX Series flaw detectors include a large data storage with multiple formats, VGA AMOLED color display, broad and narrow band amplifier, square wave pulser, and curved surface correction. The Dakota Ultrasonics DFX-7 flaw detectors also feature automatic calibration and are housed in an extruded aluminum case, which has an IP65 rating.
There are two versions of the DFX-7 series: DFX-7 and DFX-7+. The DFX-7 is a wide band only gauge, which includes a single wide band filter with a range of 1.8MHz to 19MHz. The DFX-7+ includes the same wide band filter, but also includes a few narrow band filter options at 2MHz, 5MHz and 10MHz. The wide band option is responsive to all signals within the given frequency range. However, narrow band filters eliminate signals outside of the target filter frequency, and focus on the output of the transducer at the specified frequency.
This product can be used in the following applications: