Watlow EZ-ZONE RM Control Module (RMC) Multi-Function Controller
1 to 4 loops of control, multi-function high performance controller
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- PID control loops
- Over/under temperature limit control loops
- 10 and 15 ampere power output/heater driver options
- On-board data logging
- Current measurement input
- Sequencer start up and control function
- Programmable timer and counter functions
- Programmable math and logic options
- Multiple communication protocols options
- Mobile configuration with removable secure digital (SD) flash card
The Watlow EZ-ZONE RM Expansion controller simplifies thermal system management. The EZ-ZONE RM controller family is comprised of six module types: an integrated on-off or PID control, monitoring and over/under temperature limit module, a high-density on-off or PID control module, a high-density limit only module, an input/output (I/O) expansion module, a high-density monitor/scanner module and a data logging and field communications access module. A system is configured by connecting any combination of module types to address specific application needs. The EZ-ZONE RM is extremely flexible and scalable allowing mixing and matching of I/O to configure 1 to 152 control loops and up to 256 monitor points.
Benefits of using an integrated controller solution:
- Reduces wiring time and termination complexity compared with connecting multiple discrete products
- Improves system reliability
- Reduces termination and installation cost
- Eliminates compatibility issues often encountered with using various discrete components and brands
- Reduces troubleshooting time and downtime costs because the system can specifically identify any problems with a sensor, controller, solid state relay (SSR) power output or heater load
- Complete thermal solution saves engineering time and labor costs while shortening project schedules
Multiple inputs; from 1 to 152 PID loops of control or monitor up to 256 analog inputs
- Mix and match I/O to fit any application; from 1 input with 2 outputs to 152 analog inputs with 152 outputs, or monitor up to as many as 256 analog inputs all in one system
- Reduces cost because only required loops are purchased
- Allows a common controller platform across many design applications as both loops and outputs can be ordered in single increments
Additional Key Functions
- Configuration communication port (standard bus)
- Removable modules and connectors
- Ring lug and front-screw terminal options
- Profile ramp soak with 400 total steps
- Retransmit and remote set point input virtually inside controller eliminating costs for input/output hardware
- User configuration settings can be stored and recalled
- Thermistor input
- Elevated operating range of 0 to 149°F (-18 to 65°C)
- UL® listed, CSA, CE, RoHS, W.E.E.E. FM, SEMI F47-0200, Class 1, Div. 2 rating on selected models
Please consider these optional accessories.
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Multi-Loop Temperature Controller with Digital Communications
The Background: Our customer builds packaging machines and is looking for temperature controllers to interface with their PLCs.
The Problem: The application has 4 Control Loops and EtherNet/IP is needed to communicate with the PLCs. The customer does not need any local display from the controller.
The Solution: We recommended the Watlow EZ-ZONE RM Control Module which offers the 4 control loops with the Inputs and Outputs needed. The Watlow RM Access Module will attach to the Control Module to provide the EtherNet/IP Communications needed to interface with the PLCs. There is no on-board interface on this unit so they can just install it behind the control panel and their PLC can be the central access point.
Interested in Other Part Numbers?
Other part numbers are available to order but are not currently in stock. Current availability for non-stock parts is "Usually ships in 1-2 weeks". Click here to select options