Megger MIT310 Series Insulation Tester
Insulation resistance testers with digital or analog display
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- 10 kΩ to 999 MΩ
- 1000 V, 500 V, 250 V DC test voltages
- <2.5% to 5% Accuracy
- Digital or analog model
- Rubber armoured case
- Live circuit warning
- Weatherproof to IP54
The Megger MIT310 insulation tester features the popular Megger digital/analog display. Large 20mm high characters provide very clear readout, combined with an analog arc for the feel of an analog instrument with a true analog response. The Megger MIT310A insulation tester has a moving coil display for those who prefer a real moving needle. Black decals on a white background give high contrast, even in poor light conditions.
Designed to take the bashing that testers receive on site, the Megger MIT insulation testers are rubber armoured. The rigid display cover folds right out of the way during testing and locks down to protect the display when it is finished.
No buried functions mean it is obvious how to use the Megger MIT310/MIT310A. Color coded ranges help test selection, reducing testing time, and help with fault location. A user guide in the lid provides all the basic information. It hangs comfortably around the neck for hands-free use because the instrument is carefully balanced.
To protect the user and the tester from incorrect use the MIT series all have an extensive range of features known as the Megger Intelligent Safety System.
Safety features include:
- Safety Interlock – prevents unsafe connection of test leads.
- Safe contact detectors – Even if the MIT is connected to a live circuit while on continuity setting the tester will remain safe and not be damaged.
- Live voltage warning – alerts the operator when a circuit voltage over 25 V exists.
- Safety lockout – Prevents the test from operating when the circuit voltage is >50 V.
- Continuity check – prevents a continuity test or buzzer test on a live circuit.
All the MIT instruments meet or exceed the UK and International Wiring Regulations, including requirements of BS7671 and VDE 0413 parts 1 and 4, HD 384, IEC 364, NFC15-100, NEN3140, ES59009 and EN 61557. In addition the range meets the requirements of IEC 61010-1 for safe connection to a 440 V Installation Category III supply (600 V Phase to Earth).
Applications for the Megger MIT310 / 310A: