Druck DPI 812 RTD Calibrator
Provide simultaneous RTD output and mA measurement for transmitter / loop maintenance
Need Help? Call a Calibration Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Measure and simulate RTDs
- Automatic detection of two-, three-, and four-wire RTDs highlights faulty probes
- mA measure, switch test and 24V loop power
- Large backlit display, menu driven interface
- HART loop resistor
- Robust and weatherproof
- Compact, simple to use, easy to carry
- Convenient, one-handed operation
- Secure grip, impact resistant, elastomer protection
- Plug and play connector for Intelligent Digital Output
- Sensor (IDOS) Universal Measurement Modules
The Druck DPI 812 is an RTD loop calibrator.
Applications of the Druck DPI 812 RTD Calibrator
- Pressure test and maintenance
- Transmitter calibration
- Loop set-up and diagnostics
- Switch testing
The Druck DPI 812 RTD calibrator contains multiple advanced features to increase its versatility and reliability:
Process Features of the Druck DPI 812 RTD Calibrator: Step and Ramp Output
The fully programmable automatic outputs available on the Druck DPI 812 RTD calibrator allow single-handed testing of control loops. By leaving a Druck DPI 812 RTD calibrator at the end of the control loop to generate a pre-programmed step or ramp sequence, the technician is free to go to the control room to observe the DCS and system indicators. Two technicians communicating by radio are required for this test when using conventional equipment.
IDOS "Plug and Play" Port
Every Druck DPI 812 RTD calibrator has an IDOS (Intelligent Digital Output Sensor) compatible port for connecting remote IDOS measurement modules. These include pressure sensors with ranges available from 1 psi to 10,000 psi. This feature provides users with a number of unique advantages, for example, a Druck DPI 812 RTD loop calibrator can become a fully functional pressure calibrator by adding a universal pressure module. IDOS measurement modules are interchangeable between any IDOS compatible instruments without calibration or set-up. They are true "plug and play" modules.
HART ® Resistor
A 247 ohm resistor, selected from the menu, is switched into the circuit when testing and setting HART ® transmitters in conjunction with a communicator. It allows reading of the HART ® digital signals by the communicator. Some competitors provide such a feature but more often than not, opening of the instrument case is necessary to change a link on the PCB. This is very inconvenient and results in a broken calibration seal, which is usually unacceptable.
Loop Calibrator Versions
The Druck DPI 812 RTD loop calibrator includes an optional loop calibrator which further increases its versatility. New functions include:
- mA measure: Transmitter outputs and control loop signals can be measured, set and calibrated. The DPI 812 RTD loop calibrator's dual channel capability allows transmitter inputs to be sourced / simulated while measuring the mA output. This means a single Druck DPI 812 RTD loop calibrator can set-up, test, and calibrate transmitters and loops. The vast majority of the competition (generally referred to as single function) can only do one thing at once and cannot perform "closed loop" tests without other instruments and a loop power supply.
- 24V loop power: This power supply energizes loops and transmitters. It is an essential feature when disconnecting transmitters from the loop for calibration or when the loop power is off during plant shut downs.
Please consider these optional accessories.