Panametrics AquaTrans AT868
Dual channel transit time ultrasonic flow meter and liquid flow transmitter w/ two 4-20mA and two frequency/totalizer outputs
Need Help? Call a Flow Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Economical non-intrusive flow measurement
- Simple setup and installation
- Suitable for wide range of pipe sizes and materials
- Suitable for lined pipes
- Velocity, volumetric and totalized flow
- Internal keypad for field programming
- NIST Calibration available (see accessories)
The Panametrics AquaTrans AT868 ultrasonic flow meter combines state-of-the-art flow measurement capability with a low-cost transmitter package that can be installed right at the process measurement point. The AquaTrans AT868 is designed specifically for water and wastewater applications in full pipes. Fluid types include acoustically conductive fluids, such as most clean liquids and many liquids with entrained solids or gas bubbles.
The AquaTrans AT868 ultrasonic flow meter has no moving parts and requires minimal maintenance. This Panametrics flow meter has an onboard microprocessor, which uses patented Correlation Transit-Time™ technology for long-term, drift-free operation. Automatic adjustment to changing fluid properties and dynamically configured operating software simplify programming. The second channel gives the AquaTrans AT868 ultrasonic flow meter the ability to measure flow in two pipes or average two paths on the same pipe for increased accuracy. Simple setup and installation make the AquaTrans AT868 your complete ultrasonic flow metering system.
Choice of Wetted or Clamp-On Transducers
Ultrasonic flow transducers are classified as either wetted or non-wetted (clamp-on). Clamp-on transducers are clamped onto the outside of the pipe and never come into contact with the process fluid. Wetted transducers are mounted into the pipe or flowcell in direct contact with the process fluid. Clamp-on transducers offer maximum convenience, flexibility, and a low installation cost compared to traditional flow metering technologies. With proper installation, wetted transducers provide maximum accuracy (better than 1% of reading) in most applications.
Transit Time Flow Measurement Technique
The transit time technique uses a pair of transducers with each transducer sending and receiving coded ultrasonic signals through the fluid. When the fluid is flowing, signal transit-time in the downstream direction is shorter than in the upstream direction; the difference between these transit times is proportional to the flow velocity. The Panametrics AquaTrans AT868 ultrasonic flow meter measures this time difference and uses programmed pipe parameters to determine flow rate and direction.
Applications for the AquaTrans AT868 Ultrasonic Flow Meter
- Potable water
- Discharge water
- Treated water
- Cooling and heating water
- Other liquids
- Panametrics AquaTrans AT868 Datasheet PDF (114 KB)
- Panametrics AquaTrans AT868 Spanish Datasheet PDF (143 KB)
- Panametrics AquaTrans AT868 Abridged Manual PDF (3.8 MB)
- Panametrics AquaTrans AT868 Manual PDF (1.6 MB)
- Panametrics AquaTrans AT868 Spanish Manual PDF (658 KB)
- Panametrics AquaTrans AT868 Certificate of Conformity PDF (54 KB)
- Panametrics AquaTrans AT868 Installation Guide PDF (938 KB)
- Panametrics Sound Speeds and Pipe Size Data Reference PDF (420 KB)
- Instrumart's Flow Application Form PDF (110 KB)
At least one transducer is required for this product
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications: