Seametrics TX100 / 200 Series Turbine Flow Meter
Adjustable-depth insertion turbine flow meter with optional hot-tap feature, Replaces ES45-DD
Need Help? Call a Flow Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Turbine rotor to optimize minimum flow limits
- High quality ruby bearings for excellent low-flow performance and long life
- One easily-replaced moving part
- Square-wave frequency output can connect directly to PLC's or counter controls
- Uses standard NPT threaded pipe fittings or saddles
- Compatible with all SeaMetrics controls
- Bidirectional indication available as option
- Isolation valve (Hot-Tap) allows insertion and removal with the pipe under pressure
The TX100/200-Series are adjustable depth insertion turbines that come in brass or 316 stainless models to fit 3" to 40" pipe. Installation fittings are standard 1-1/2" (101/201) or 2" (115/215) FNPT. Fittings such as saddles and weldolets may be purchased either locally or from Seametrics.
Ruby bearings and a non-drag pickoff give these adjustable insertion turbine flow sensors a wide flow range and long life. A sensor detects the passage of miniature magnets in the rotor blades. The resulting square-wave signal can be sent for hundreds of feet without a transmitter, over unshielded cable. This signal can be connected directly to many PLC's and other controls without any additional electronics.
A modular system of electronics can be installed directly on the fl ow sensor or mounted remotely. The FT430 (externally powered with pulse), FT440 (loop powered), and FT450 (battery powered) all provide digital rate and total displays, as well as a programmable pulse; the FT440 also provides a 4-20 mA analog output. The AO55 is a blind analog (4-20 mA) transmitter. Programmable pulse for pump pacing is available with the PD10.
The "hot-tap" models (TX150/250) can be installed or serviced without shutting down the line by means of a 2" full-port isolation valve that comes with a nipple for installation on the pipe fitting. In most circumstances, no special tool is required.
Applications for the Seametrics TX100 / 200 Series Turbine Flow Meter
- Clean water
- Large pipes
- Aquariums, water parks
- Water & wastewater monitoring
This product can be used in the following applications: