Hedland EZ-View Liquid Flow Meters
Polysulfone variable area flow meters for oil and water
Need Help? Call a Flow Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Polysulfone plastic body, piston, and cone
- ½ to 2 inch ports
- Accuracy within ±5% full scale
- 325 psi (22 bar) for oil & water
- Up to 250°F (121°C)
- 0.5-100 GPM (2-380 LPM) for oil & water
- Standard calibration:
0.876 specific gravity for oil;
1.0 specific gravity for water
- Applications: Water Cooling Systems, Chemical and Water Systems, Reverse Osmosis Systems
The Hedland EZ-View Liquid Flow Meters is a variable area flow meter constructed of high-impact polysulfone plastic to provide a low cost alternative for your flow monitoring requirements. These simple but rugged flow meters contain a minimum number of moving parts offering reliable and trouble-free flow measurement.
Hedland polysulfone variable area flow meters can be used in applications in which the temperature ranges from 32°F to 250°F (0°C to 121°C). These Hedland flow meters are pressure rated for 325 psi/22.4 bar maximum.
Hedland EZ-View Flow Meters for Oil and Water can be used for the flow measurement of oil or water. Choose the port size and fitting material depending on your application. Five port sizes are available between 1½ to 2 inches with brass or PVC fittings. Six port sizes are available between ½ to 1 inch with brass, PVC, or stainless steel fittings.
A precision-molded, sharp-edged orifice forms an annular opening with the metering cone. Flow through the meter creates a pressure differential across the orifice, moving the piston against the spring in direct proportion to the rate of flow. The calibrated spring opposes flow in the forward direction. This spring decreases viscosity sensitivity and allows the flow meters to be used in any position, including inverted. The indicated flow rate is measured by viewing the red indicator line on the piston relative to the pre-calibrated numerical scale, mounted on the outer surface of the transparent body.
Hedland EZ-View Flow Meter for Oil and Water Features:
- No special piping or flow straighteners needed
- Easy to install in any position
- No electrical connections
- Direct reading indication
- Relatively insensitive to shock and vibration
- Hedland EZ-View Flow Meter for Oil and Water (½ to 1” Meters) Datasheet PDF (242 KB)
- Hedland EZ-View Flow Meter for Oil and Water (½ to 1” Meters) with Switch Datasheet PDF (383 KB)
- Hedland EZ-View Flow Meter for Oil and Water (1½ to 2” Meters) Datasheet PDF (276 KB)
- Hedland EZ-View Flow Meter for Oil and Water (1½ to 2” Meters) with Switch Datasheet PDF (387 KB)
These additional components are required for the operation of your product. We strongly advise you to purchase these components unless you already own them or own a suitable alternative.
This product can be used in the following applications:
Interested in Other Part Numbers?
Other part numbers are available to order but are not currently in stock. Current availability for non-stock parts is "Usually ships in 1-2 weeks. Call for expedite options". Click here to select options