GE MDS Industrial Communications Orbit MCR Radio
Multiservice Connect Radio, supports Licensed, Unlicensed, WiFi and Cell transmission, supports dual Wide Area Network
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Minimize network downtime
- Maximize critical applications availability
- Supports a Dual WAN radio options
- Supports Dual SIM, CBRS, 900MHz band 8
- 3G GSM World
- Unlicensed 900 (902 to 928) MHz
- Licensed Narrowband 150 MHz up to 960MHz
- Protect network assets
- Access with enterprise-class security
- Supports GPS/Glonass functionality (4G LTE model)
- Port options:
- Option A: 2 Ethernet, 1 Serial, 1 USB
- Option B: 1 Ethernet, 2 Serial, 1 USB
- Option C: 4 Ethernet, 2 Serial, 1 USB
The GE MDS Industrial Communications Orbit MCR Radio offers the security, reliability, performance, and wireless flexibility required for next-generation industrial networks. Orbit enables customers to deploy advanced communications using diverse options of wireless technologies and frequencies.
The MDS Orbit MCR's support for redundant private and cellular radio uplinks maximizes network availability for critical applications. It further allows the extension of cellular connectivity using licensed or unlicensed private networks to expand cellular network coverage deep into rural and deserted areas. Private radio options include unlicensed 900 MHz Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum with throughput of up to 1.25Mbps, in addition to licensed narrowband with QPSK, 16-QAM, and 64-QAM modulations with throughput up to 120 Kbps.
The MDS Orbit MCR and ECR routers offer a number of key features and benefits when applied as a multiservice router gateway for distribution automation field area networks. The substation hardened design complies with IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613 standards and NFPA 70 Class 1 Div 2 thus permitting a reliable deployment in harsh substation environments.
The Orbit allows for communication over licensed spectrum, unlicensed spectrum, cellular technologies, and Wi-Fi in various form factors with single or dual radio options. Its advanced cyber security capabilities enable customers the power needed to secure and protect their networks and assets.
Unifying network deployments on the Orbit platform with a common user experience, networking and security capabilities across various RF technologies helps customers simplify operations, reduce learning curves and save on cost.
Applications for the ORBIT MCR include:
- Oil & gas
- Water & wastewater
- Emergency & utility vehicles
- Electric utilities
- Smart cities & municipalities
- Emergency & utility vehicles
- Heavy industrial
- GE MDS Industrial Communications MDS Orbit Cellular Datasheet PDF (666 KB)
- GE MDS Industrial Communications MDS Orbit Licensed Datasheet PDF (940 KB)
- GE MDS Industrial Communications MDS Orbit Platform Datasheet PDF (1.1 MB)
- GE MDS Industrial Communications Orbit Unlicensed Datasheet PDF (918 KB)
- GE MDS Industrial Communications Orbit MCR Radio Manual PDF (12.5 MB)
- GE MDS Industrial Communications Orbit MCR Radio Technical Manual PDF (12.5 MB)
- GE MDS Industrial Communications Orbit Cellular Manual PDF (11.7 MB)
Application Notes and White Papers
- GE MDS Industrial Communications Orbit MCRSetup Guide PDF (231 KB)
- GE MDS Industrial Communications Sample Path Study PDF (241 KB)
Interested in Other Part Numbers?
Other part numbers are available to order but are not currently in stock. Current availability for non-stock parts is "Usually ships in 2-3 weeks". Click here to select options