Megger MIT30 Insulation Resistance Tester
Portable 30kV insulation tester designed to undertake tests on ungrounded test samples
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Specifically designed for ungrounded test samples only
- Continuously variable test voltage from 0 to 30kV
- Test current 0 to 330 μA
- Output voltage accuracy, + 1.5% (full scale)
- Built-in adjustable ionization indicator
- Fail-safe grounding and “zero-start” switches
- Fast charging of high-capacitance samples
- User selectable current trip points
- Current guard circuit avoids external interference
- Universal input 85-264 V ac, 47-440 Hz
- Output current overload relay
- Protected output for both short/open circuit conditions
- Fused power inlet module
- Rugged, compact, lightweight, and portable
- Ergonomic design ensures ease of use
What's in the Box
- HV triaxial output cable, 3 m
- Input power cord, 120 V
- Input power cord, 230 V
- Instruction manual
The Megger MIT30 is a portable 30-kV insulation tester that has been developed to undertake tests on ungrounded test samples. It satisfies the demand for a variety of high voltage, high accuracy, and low current applications. The MIT30 CANNOT be used on grounded/earthed test samples. Otherwise, the unit will be damaged.
The MIT30 has a test current of up to 330 μA, and user-selectable trip levels from 0 to 360 μA. The MIT30 provides protection to the test piece against flashovers (arcing) and further damage in the event of a breakdown. An audible ionization indicator gives an audio indication of any electrical discharges present during the test period.
The MIT30 can be used to perform step-voltage and proof tests which, when incorporated into a routine maintenance program, can aid in predicting potential failure before breakdown occurs.
The Megger MIT30 insulation tester will operate from a wide range of input voltages and frequencies. The unit will will operate from 85-264 V ac with a frequency range of 47-440 Hz.