HOBO MX1102 Carbon Dioxide Data Logger
Bluetooth Smart enabled data logger stores and wirelessly transmits CO2, temperature and humidity readings
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Wireless communication via Bluetooth Smart
- Easy to deploy and offload using free HOBOmobile App
- Visual and audible high & low alarm thresholds
- Self-calibrating CO2 sensor technology ensures optimal accuracy and lower maintenance costs
- Temperature Sensor
- Range: 32° to 122°F
- Accuracy: ±0.38°F from 32° to 122°F
- RH Sensor
- Range: 1% to 90% (non-condensing)
- Accuracy: ±2% from 20% to 80% typical at 77°F
- CO2 Sensor
- Range: 0 to 5,000 ppm
- Accuracy: ±50 ppm ±5% of reading at 77°F
- Calibration: Auto or manual to 400 ppm
- Non-linearity: <1% of FS
- Approximately 100 ft line-of-sight transmission range
- 128 KB memory stores up to 84,650 measurements
- Logging rate from 1 second to 18 hours
- Logging modes: Fixed interval (normal, statistics) or burst
- Six month battery life at 5-minute CO₂ logging rate
- IP50 environmental rating
- CE Compliant
The HOBO MX1102 CO2 data logger is a Bluetooth Smart enabled logger that stores and wirelessly transmits CO₂, temperature and humidity readings. Using non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) self-calibrating CO2 sensor technology and integrated temperature and RH sensors. The MX1102 is for use collecting data in indoor and other non-condensing environments.
The HOBO MX1102 is Bluetooth® Smart-enabled for wireless communication with a mobile device. Using the HOBOmobile app on your phone or tablet or HOBOware software on your computer allows you to access data right from your mobile phone or tablet within a 100-foot range making it easy to configure the logger, read it out, and view plotted data. The MX1102 also supports a USB connection.
The HOBO MX1102 CO2 data logger includes sensors that measure temperature from 32 to 122°F with an accuracy of up to ±0.38°F; relative humidity from 1 to 90% with an accuracy of up to ±2%; and carbon monoxide from 0 to 5,000 ppm with an accuracy of up to ±50 ppm ±5% of reading. The logger can calculate minimum, maximum, average, and standard deviation statistics and can be configured to trip audible or visual alarms at thresholds you specify. In addition, it supports burst logging in which data is logged at a different interval when sensor readings are above or below certain limits. This logger also has a built-in LCD screen to display the current CO2 level, temperature, RH, logging status, battery use, memory consumption, and more.
This product can be used in the following applications:
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Datalogging CO2 Levels in Classrooms
The Background: Our customer is an elementary school teacher who, after reading an article about the effects of high carbon dioxide levels and the poor ventilation in most classrooms, wanted to see for herself what the levels were inside her classroom.
The Problem: Since the teacher is doing this on her own, she wants an inexpensive, easy to use option.
The Solution: We recommended the HOBO MX1102 which is a Bluetooth Smart enabled logger that stores and wirelessly transmits CO₂, temperature and humidity readings. The unit was simple to set up and we’re happy to report that CO₂ levels in the classroom were normal which greatly relieved our customer.