Fluke PRV240 Proving Unit
Portable, battery-powered voltage source provides a safe method to verify that your electrical test tool is operating properly
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Validate the functionality of test tools
- Reduce the risk of shock and arc flash
- Sources both AC & DC steady-state voltage
- 240V (DC/AC) supply voltage
- Voltage is sourced through recessed contacts
- Only activates when probes are inserted
- 5,000 tests per set of four AA batteries
- Safety rating: IEC61010-1, IEC61010-2-030
What's in the Box
- TPAK magnetic hanging strap
The Fluke PRV240 Proving Unit is a portable, pocket-sized, battery-powered voltage source. It is unique in that it sources stable AC and DC voltages for both LoZ and HiZ instruments. It is compatible with both high impedance or low impedance multimeters, clamp meters or two pole testers. Voltage is sourced through recessed contacts to avoid accidental contact.
The PRV240 provides a safe method to verify that your electrical test tool is operating properly before you conduct any live tests. The concept of "Test Before Touch" (TBT) involves testing your meter against a known live source before and after the actual measurement. This sequence verifies that your test tool is operating properly during the actual measurement.
Verify your test tool without unnecessary exposure to shock and arc flash. Using the PRV240 reduces the need for personal protective equipment (PPE) when a known voltage source is not available for verification of your tester or multimeter before test before TBT are performed. PPE is still needed for absence of voltage testing when appropriate.