Jewell Instruments LSO Series Inclinometer
Highly reliable, closed loop inclinometer with input ranges from ±1.0° to ±90°
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Input ranges: ±1.0°, ±3.0°, ±14.5°, ±30.0°, ±90°
- Single axis measurement
- 12 to 18 VDC input voltage
- 4 to 20 mA or 0 to ±5 DC output
- Extremely high resolution and low hysteresis of less than 0.0005% of full range output
- Extremely robust designed to withstand shocks in excess of 1500g and vibration greater than 35grms
- Responds to changes of slope as small as 0.000006"/ft
- High accuracy closed-loop force balanced sensor technology
- Low white noise spectral density of better than 0.15μV/Sq Root HZ
- Fluid damped
The Jewell Instruments LSO Series inclinometer is a highly reliable, precision, inertial-grade sensing instrument with input ranges from ±1.0° to ±90°. Featuring high resolution and low non-linearity, the LSO series is a robust instrument designed to meet the needs of a variety of commercial, industrial, and aerospace applications particularly those in which a high level of shock, vibration and electrical noise are present.
LSO series inclinometers are solid-state, closed loop meters with accuracy, stability and reliability several orders of magnitude greater than open loop types. They are ideally suited for use in the construction industry for setting tilt of road grading and paving machines, in the geophysics filed for tilt and strong motion studies, in the civil engineering field for evaluation of tilt of supporting walls in dams and other structures, and other application where high-accuracy measurement of tilt is required.
Jewell LSO series inclinometers are fully self-contained and designed to operate from a standard DC power source. Output can be an analog 0 to ±5 VDC signal or a 4 to 20 mA signal. The heart of the LSO series is a flexure supported torque balance system, rugged enough to withstand severe shock and vibration and still maintain excellent accuracy. The solid state electronics and sensor are enclosed within the sealed housing, permitting operation in hostile environments.
Applications for the Jewell Instruments LSO Series Inclinometer:
- Steel processing: continuous casting, electric arc furnace, and idle control
- Heavy construction: paving, grading, mining, tunneling, and overturn detection
- Structural monitoring: walls of dams, support, columns, bridges, and others
- Railway: automated train controls, rail leveling and grinding, and rail bed analysis
- Military: weapons platform leveling