Krohne OPTISOUND 3040 C Ultrasonic Level Gauge
Level measurement during processing and storage of solids
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Process temperature: -40 to 176°F (-40 to 80°C)
- Process fitting: ﬂange DN 200, with swivelling holder from DN 50
- Process pressure: -0.2 to 1.5 bar, -20 to 150 kPa, -2.9 to 21.8 psi
- Four-wire 4 to 20 mA/HART signal output
- Measuring range:
- Liquids; 1 to 25m (3.3 to 82ft)
- Solids; 1 to 15m (3.3 to 49.2ft)
- Level indication of solids in silos and hoppers
- Level measurement in stone crushes
- Profile measurement on conveyor belts
The Krohne OPTISOUND 3040 C Ultrasonic Level Gauges are especially suitable for level measurement of solids, but are also good for liquids. The instruments offers measuring ranges of 1 to 25m (3.3 to 82ft) for liquids and 1 to 15m (3.3 to 49.2ft) for solids.
Resistant materials for the transducers and process ﬁttings also allow applications in corrosive products (depending on the model).
Short ultrasonic pulses in the range of 18 kHz to 35 kHz are emitted by the transducer to the product surface, reﬂected there and received by the transducer. The pulses travel at the speed of sound - the elapsed time from emission to reception of the signals depends on the level in the vessel.
The latest microcomputer technology and the proven processing software select the level echo from among any number of false echoes and calculate the exact distance to the product surface. An integrated temperature sensor detects the temperature in the vessel and compensates the inﬂuence of temperature on the signal running time.
By simply entering the vessel dimensions, a level-proportional signal is generated from the distance. It is not necessary to ﬁll the vessel for adjustment.