AEMC 3640 Ground Resistance Tester
Fast & accurate ground resistance measurement from 10mΩ to 1999Ω
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Fall-of-Potential method
- for 2 & 3-point ground resistance tests
- Auto-ranging automatically selects the optimum range
- Approx 6 seconds response time
- ±3% of reading ±3cts/ ±5% of reading ±3cts accuracy
- 128Hz square wave resistance measurement frequency
- Designed to reject high levels of noise and interference
- Simple to operate: connect, press, read
- 3 color coded terminals to aid in easy hookup
- Accepts ≥6mm gap spade lugs & 4mm banana jacks
- Powered by eight 1.5V AA batteries
- Rugged, dustproof & rainproof field case
- May also be used for continuity tests on bonding
- Double insulation
- Emission (EN 50081-1); Immunity (EN 50082-1)
- EN 61010-1, CAT III., Pollution degree 2, 42 V
- CE Mark
The AEMC 3640 digital ground resistance tester is a rugged, easy-to-use instrument that performs ground resistance measurements from 10MΩ to 1999Ω. This autoranging meter is easy to use - simply connect the leads, press to measure, and read. The 3640 is ideal for maintenance crews performing numerous tests because it is designed for use in difficult conditions, including areas with high levels of interference such as stray currents that normally affect measurement accuracy.
The large LCD is easy to read and indicates low battery status, overrange, and lead reversals. Three LED indicators on the front panel continuously inform the user of any measurement problems, such as high input noise, high auxiliary rod resistance, open leads, blown fuse, and fault connections.
The AEMC 3640 is fuse protected up to 250VAC, protecting the instrument against voltage into the test leads. In the event of a system fault, it can withstand 250VAC with spikes of 3000VAC or 1000VDC. The heavy duty ABS case is O-ring sealed against dust and water and the press-to-measure button is also sealed. The AEMC 3640 is battery powered, for convenient use in remote field applications. Mechanical and safety specifications, such as vibration and drop test, meet or exceed IEC standards, to ensure safe and reliable field use.
The AEMC 3640 ground resistance tester ships complete with a soft carrying case, batteries, and user manual. It is also available in multiple kit configurations.
|150ft Kit (2135.13)||300ft Kit (2135.14)|
|AEMC 3640 Ground Resistance Tester Specifications|
|Range||20 Ω||200 Ω||2000 Ω|
|Measurement||0.00 to 19.99Ω||20.0 to 199.9Ω||200 to 1999Ω|
|Auxiliary Electrode Influence:|