Extech EX820 Clamp Meter & IR Thermometer
1000A True RMS clamp meter with built-in non-contact infrared thermometer and type-K temperature measurement
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- AC current: 0.1 to 1000A
- AC voltage: 0.1mV to 600V
- DC voltage: 0.1mV to 600V
- Resistance: 0.1 to 40MΩ
- Capacitance: 0.001nF to 40,000µF
- Frequency: 0.001 to 4kHz
- IR Temperature: -58 to 518°F
- Type-K temperature: -4 to 1400°F
- Distance to spot : 8:1
- Laser pointer for IR temperature
- Peak function captures inrush currents and voltage transients
- Data Hold 'freezes' data in display
- 1.7 inch jaw opening for conductors up to 750MCM or two 500MCM Auto power off
- Autoranging with manual range button
- 4000 count backlit dual display
The Extech EX820 clamp meter & IR thermometer is a 1000A True RMS clamp-on multimeter that features a built-in infrared thermometer with a laser pointer that's an excellent troubleshooter for locating hot spots and overheating motors. The EX820 is a versatile instrument capable of accurate measurements of AC current, AC/DC voltage, resistance, capacitance, frequency and temperature via a type-K probe. The EX820 features 1.7" jaws, large enough for cables up to 750MCM (or two 500 MCM cables). The ergonomically designed double-molded housing offers a better grip for one-hand operation and results are shown on the backlit, 4000 count dual LCD display.
Additional features of Extech EX820 clamp meters include: diode test, audible continuity beeper, autoranging with manual range button, Data Hold, Min/Max, Auto Power Off, and Peak Hold that captures inrush currents and transients.
The Extech EX820 clamp meter & IR thermometer series ships complete with test leads, 9V battery, case and include a Type K probe (-4 to 482°F). The meter is available with limited NIST certification which covers all functions except IR temperature.