Bacharach Informant 2 Leak Detector
Allows pinpoint detection of both refrigerant and combustible gas leaks with the same instrument
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Detectes all CFC, HCFC and HFC refrigerants including:
- R-12, R-22, R-123, R-134a
- Blends R-404A, R-408A, R-409A and R-410A
- Detects all combustible gases and vapors
- Alarm Sensitivity:
- Refrigerant 0.25 oz/year of R134a
- Combustibles minimum 50 PPM (methane)
- Alarm Types: Audible and dual visual LEDs
- Response Time: instantaneous
- Probe length adjustable from 3 to 20 inches
- Agency Approvals & hazardous areas:
- Refrigerant UL listed in accordance with SAE J1627
- Combustible MET Lab certified to UL 913
- Intrinsically safe for Class I, Div 1, Group D
What's in the Box
- Combustible gas sensors
- Refrigerant sensor tip (Blue)
- Combustible gas sensor tip (Red)
- Instruction manual
- 4 AA batteries
- Hard carrying case
The Bacharach Informant 2 leak detector allows pinpoint detection of both refrigerant and combustible gas leaks with the same instrument. Using a unique combination of state-of-the-art sensor technology, microprocessor advanced software design, and controlled circuitry, the Bacharach Informant 2 offers users unmatched precision coupled with tremendous speed. It is unquestionably the fastest, most sensitive, most reliable, most accurate leak detector on the market today.
The Bacharach Informant 2 allows fast and easy swapping of sensor tips without worrying about adjusting sensitivity levels—it's taken care of automatically—even where high levels of background vapors or refrigerants are present. With the refrigerant tip in place, the Informant 2 detects all refrigerants that contain chlorine, fluorine or bromine gas which includes all CFC, HCFC and HFC refrigerants. The refrigerant sensor is sensitive down to leaks of 0.25 oz/year (R134a, the hardest to detect refrigerant). With the combustible sensor installed, the Bacharach Informant 2 detects all combustible gases and vapors down to 50ppm.
The Informant 2 leak detector features an audible indicator with a mute option coupled with sequential LEDs to monitor increasing concentrations of refrigerant or combustible gases. Dual bar graph displays offer visual confirmation no matter what position the instrument is in. A flashing light at the tip of the probe helps to visually define your sampling location while the probe adjusts from 3 to 20 inches for access to hard to reach areas.
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications: