GF Signet 2552 Magmeter
Metal magmeter / electromagnetic flow sensor for pipes 2 to 102"
Need Help? Call a Flow Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Easy to remove and re-install during maintenance
- Hot-tap version for installation and service without system shutdown
- Diagnostic features using colored LED lights
- Three output choices: frequency, digital (S3L), or 4 to 20 mA
- Bi-directional flow and empty pipe detection
- Adjustable insertion depth for large pipe sizes up to DN2550 (102 inches)
- Flow rate range 0.05 to 10 m/s (0.15 to 33 ft/s)
- Measurement in dirty and high solids content liquids
The GF Signet 2552 magmeter flow sensor is a heavy duty, high performance electromagnetic flow sensor in an adjustable-insertion configuration. The GF Signet 2552 magmeter can be used with a ball valve for hot-tap installations. This insertion-style electromagnetic flow sensor has no moving parts and is constructed of corrosion-resistant materials to provide long-term reliability with minimal maintenance costs.
The GF Signet 2552 magmeter flow sensor is versatile and simple-to-install, delivering reliable flow measurement over a wide dynamic range in pipe sizes ranging from DN50 to DN2550 (2 to 102 inches). GF Signet 2552 magmeters and electromagnetic flow sensors offer a variety of output options compatible with GF Signet flow instruments that feature a frequency or digital (S3L) input. The blind transmitter (4 to 20 mA output) or digital sensor interface is available for long distance signal transmission.
The GF Signet 2552 magmeter / electromagnetic flow sensor's empty pipe detection features a zero flow output when the electrodes are not completely wetted. The frequency output is bi-directional while the 4 to 20 mA output can be set for uni- or bi-directional flow. The 4 to 20 mA output is factory spanned and can be changed using the PC compatible accessory set-up tool.
Applications for GF Signet 2552 Magmeter / Electromagnetic Flow Sensors
- Municipal Water Distribution
- Water Inlets to Process Plants
- Surface, Ground and Ocean Water
- Chemical Processing
- Water and Wastewater Monitoring
- Industrial Water Distribution
- Food Processing and Waste Lines
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications:
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Large diameter irrigation pipe
The Background: Our customer is a farmer who needs to monitor the flow of water through an irrigation pipe that is 54-inches in diameter.
The Problem: The pipe is partially buried and is often subject to being submerged so the application does not lend itself well to an ultrasonic flow meter. The customer does not require particularly high accuracy and does not want to spend a lot of money on installation.
The Solution: We recommended a GF Signet 2552 insertion mag meter and the customer was able to verify that the flow reading was acceptable based on a dye test performed by a local calibration company.