SpotSee OpsWatch Vibration Monitor
Continuous monitoring and recording of low-frequency, seismic vibration and shock
Need Help? Call a Calibration Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Fr 8:30am to 5:00pm ET
- Tri-axial piezoelectric accelerometer
- 5000 samples per second max
- Records X, Y, and Z RMS vibration values
- Records peak X, Y, and Z events
- -40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C) operating temperature range
- User defined alarm levels for vibration and impact
- Data saved to cloud-based software or company server
- OpsWatch Cloud will only store data for 30 days
- Export data to .csv file for processing or archiving
- 1.25 Mbps data rate, IEEE 802.11 WiFi interface
The SpotSee OpsWatch vibration monitor makes it easy to identify changes in vibration and see unexpected impact events to prompt maintenance before equipment failure occurs. With data from continuous monitoring your engineering and maintenance teams can develop customized alarm levels for each piece of monitored equipment based on their normal vibration patterns. By catching these changes early you'll have less downtime, fewer catastrophic failures, extended service life, and reduced maintenance costs.
Data logs via WiFi to web-hosted software so you can access your data from any web-enabled device. Full accelerometer streaming available for post-processing data.
The standard version uses 6 to 30V external power source and two 3.6V lithium thionyl chloride batteries for backup to preserve date and time during power loss.
For hazardous areas, the intrinsically safe version has special power requirements and cannot be used with the SpotSee power supply options. The maximum input voltage is 28V, maximum input current is 100mA, maximum input power is 1.2W, and the maximum internal inductance and capacitance both must equal 0. For battery backup, only SAFT LS145000 cells are approved for use with this device and only replaced when the equipment is in a non-hazardous area or when an explosive atmosphere is shown to be absent. The included antenna is the only one certified for use in an intrinsically safe environment, it is EMC tested with the unit and approved to the following standards:
- CISPR32: Ed 2.0 (2015-03)
- CISPR24: Ed 2.0 (2015-04)
- ICES-003 Issue 6 (2016-01)
- FCC Rules 47 CFR: Parts 15-B
Application Notes and White Papers
- SpotSee OpsWatch Vibration Monitor SIRA Certification PDF (232 KB)
- SpotSee OpsWatch Vibration Monitor SIR Certification PDF (157 KB)
Please consider these optional accessories.