Greyline Instruments ISM 5.0 Insertion Magmeter
Magnetic flow meter with simplified hot tap insertion design measures the flow of water and conductive liquids in full pipes from 3 to 72"
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Electromagnetic with no moving parts
- Simplified hot tap insertion design
- Flow range: 0.1 to 20 ft/sec (0.03 to 6 m/sec), 200:1 turndown
- ±1.0% of reading from 2 to 20 ft/sec (0.6 to 6.0 m/sec)
- ±0.02 ft/sec (0.06 m/sec) below 2 ft/sec (0.6 m/sec)
- Installs in 3-72" (80-1800 mm) diameter pipes
- Liquid temperature range: -15° to 250°F (-26 to 121°C)
- Maximum operating pressure: 200 psi (14 bar)
- Pressure drop: Less than 0.1 psi (0.007 bar) at 12 ft/sec (3.65 m/sec)
- Conductivity range: 20 to 60,000 µSiemens/cm
- Power input: 20-28 VDC , 50-60Hz
- Selectable 4-20mA, 0-5V or 0-10V output
- Frequency output: 0-15V peak pulse, 0-500Hz
- Scalable pulse output
- Signal cable length: 25 ft (7.6 m) jacketed multi-conductor PVC
- Electronics enclosure: Watertight, airtight, dust proof (IP 68) powder coated cast aluminum
- Wetted materials: 316L stainless steel, polypropylene
The Greyline Instruments ISM 5.0 is a magnetic flow meter that incorporates a simplified hot tap insertion design to measure the flow of water and conductive liquids in full pipes from 3 to 72". The simple design includes no moving parts and utilizes a dual-electrode sensor and continuous auto-zero function which provides high accuracy – even at low flow rates. State-of-the-art electronics and patented design features help maintain its NIST traceable accuracy over time.
The ISM 5.0 Insertion Magmeter has a flow range of 0.1 to 20 ft/sec (0.03 to 6 m/sec) with a 200:1 turndown ratio. An installed accuracy of ±1% of flow reading is standard in most applications. This high accuracy is achieved by locating the sensor at a sufficient distance from upstream or downstream disturbances where a fully developed flow profile will occur. Recommended mounting location is 10 pipe diameters from upstream elbows and 30 diameters from control valves. The flowmeter should also be installed 5 pipe diameters from downstream obstructions.
The Greyline Instruments ISM 5.0 Insertion Magmeter measures flow of electrically conductive liquids (20 µS/cm or greater) in full pipes. For proper measurement on plastic pipes the electromagnetic flow meter requires electrical grounding by connection to grounding rings or ground probes inserted in the pipe. Readings are not affected by the fluid temperature, pressure or viscosity.
The ISM 5.0 installs in the pipe through a full port ball valve so the sensor can be easily retracted without having to shut down flow or drain the system. The insertion depth is adjustable according to the pipe diameter insertion depth gauge is supplied with each flowmeter.
This product can be used in the following applications: