Bacharach MGS-250 Leak Detector
Non-Dispersive Infrared sensor detects leaks of a variety of refrigerants without the limitations posed by solid-state sensor technologies
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Long-life, Non-Dispersive Infrared (NDIR) sensor allows for accurate low-level leak detection
- Detects all refrigerants (CFC, HFCs, HCFC, HFO’s), including HFO1234YF, HFO1234ZE, R410a & R22
- Fast-responding, refrigerant-specific sensor with no cross interferences to other gases
- No field calibrations required
- Modbus RTU interface to connect to BAS/BMS systems and on-board alarm relay
- User selectable analog output: 4-20 mA, 0-5V, 1-5V, 0-10V, 2-10V
- Bright, alpha-numeric LED real-time display with on-board audible and visual alarms
- Set all parameters and outputs without opening the unit
- Communications: Modbus RTU over RS-485
- Approvals: CE, UL/CSA/IEC/EN 61010-1
The Bacharach MGS-250 leak detector is a cost effective solution for detecting a variety of refrigerants without the limitations posed by solid-state sensor technologies. The long-life, proprietary NDIR infrared sensor allows for accurate low-level leak detection (0-3,500 ppm), delivering up to 5-7 years of maintenance-free operation without the need for costly annual gas calibrations. Infrared sensing technology makes the MGS-250 immune to cross sensitivities to combustible and toxic gas as well as changes in temperature and humidity.
The Bacharach MGS-250 is available in two versions: a cost-effective broadband sensor used for gross leak detection or gas-particular versions that are even more distinct, pre-calibrated and characterized for response to specific refrigerants. Its simple-to-use interface gives the user the ability to set all parameters and outputs without opening the unit, moving jumpers, using mulitmeters or adjusting potentiometers.
The MGS-250 has an alpha-numeric LED display to show constant real-time readings, an on-board LED indicator for when the sensor is in an alarm state, and an audible alarm to alert personnel in the area that levels have exceeded the desired limit. An optional protective splash guard is available for use in areas with high water spray such as food and beverage facilities or chiller rooms.