Delmhorst FX-2000 Moisture Meter
State-of-the-art moisture meter ideal for high-volume hay producers who need the time-saving convenience of on-the-go monitoring
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Moisture Range: 6 to 40% on hay
- Bright, clear digital display
- In continuous mode:
- Takes two readings every second
- Displays the average & highest of 8 readings
- Readings updated every 4 seconds
- Built-in back light
- Connects to tractor power supply
- In portable mode:
- Averages up to 100 accumulated readings
- Displays average & highest of accumulated readings
- Built-in calibration check
- Audible, adjustable alarm alerts you when a pre-selected MC has been reached
- 8 x 3 x 1 5/8 inches, weighs just 10oz
- Rugged construction ensures years of reliable use
- Optional sturdy plastic carrying case
- 9V battery
- 3-year warranty
The Delmhorst FX-2000 moisture meter is a state-of-the-art meter ideal for high-volume hay producers who need the time-saving convenience of on-the-go monitoring. Whether in the windrow, on-the-go while baling, or in the bale, the FX-2000 gives clear, accurate moisture readings every step of the way.
The FX-2000 moisture meter has a range of 6 to 40% on hay. The FX-2000 can be used for on-the-go moisture monitoring or as a portable meter. In continuous mode, the FX-2000 takes two readings per second and displays the average and highest of eight accumulated readings. Readings are updated every four seconds. The meter can also be connected to the power supply of a tractor for convenience. In portable mode, the FX-2000 averages up to 100 accumulated readings and displays the average and the highest of accumulated readings. An audible, adjustable alarm alerts you when your pre-selected moisture content has been reached.
The FX-2000 is compatible with Delmhorst moisture electrodes. A built-in calibration check keeps the instrument accurate.
The Delmhorst FX-2000 moisture meter is available in multiple package options;
- FX-2000/1986 includes the FX-2000 with 1986 sensor, and 315ACC-0003 power adapter
- FX-2000/18/PKG includes the FX-2000 with 324CAS-0065 case, H-4 handle, 830-3 18" prod, 831 short pin prod, 1986 baler sensor, 315ACC-0003 power adapter
- FX-2000/PKG includes the FX-2000 with 324CAS-0065 case, H-4 handle, 830-2 10" prod, 831 short pin prod, 1986 baler sensor, 315ACC- 0003 power adapter
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications:
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
The Background: Our customer is a farmer looking for a simple and reliable way to measure the moisture content in hay.
The Problem: Like almost everything farmers do, taking in hay is dependent upon specific environmental conditions. After hay is cut it must be dried before it’s baled. If the moisture content of the hay is too high, it may result in the hay spoiling or even spontaneously combusting due to heat generated by chemical reactions as the wet hay breaks down. If the moisture level of the hay is too low, they hay will lack nutrients and crumble to dust. Ideally, the hay should have a moisture content of around 18 to 20%.
The Solution: We recommended the Delmhorst FX-2000 moisture meter which was developed specifically for high-volume hay producers. The FX-2000 can be fitted with bale prods to test individual bales or with a short pin probe which allows testing hay in the windrow prior to baling providing the convenience of on-the-go monitoring. It also includes a power adapter that can be connected to the power supply of a tractor.