Delmhorst BD-2100 Moisture Meter
Pin-type moisture meter with an adjustable alarm optimized for measuring moisture content in a variety of different building materials
Need Help? Call a Temperature Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Three scales
- Wood Scale: 6 to 40% moisture range. Use for flooring and building material, such as wood studs, floor joists, subfloors
- Reference Scale: Reads from 0 to 100 on a relative basis. Use on non-wood materials, such as concrete, plaster, and insulation
- Gypsum Scale: 0.2 to 50% moisture range. Use on drywall
- Averages up to 100 accumulated readings
- Bright, clear digital display
- Built-in calibration check
- Audible, adjustable alarm alerts you when your pre-selected MC has been reached
- Integral contact pins mounted on top of meter provide 5/16” penetration
- Built-in connector accepts any Delmhorst electrode
- Size: 8” x 3” x 1 5/8”, weighs just 10 oz
- Rugged construction ensures years of reliable use
- 9V battery
The Delmhorst BD-2100 is a pin-type moisture meter optimized for measuring moisture content in a variety of different building materials, including wood, concrete, drywall, EIFS, roofing, insulation, and flooring. The BD-2100 has a digital display, an adjustable alarm, and Delmhorst's exclusive calibrated drywall scale.
The BD-2100 moisture meter includes three ranges to increase performance. The wood scale has a range from 6 to 40% and is for flooring and other building materials such as wood studs, floor joists and subfloors. The reference scale reads from 0 to 100 on a relative basis and is for use on non-wood materials, such as concrete, plaster, and insulation. Delmhorst's exclusive calibrated drywall scale measures from 0.2 to 50% and is for use on drywall. The BD-2100 displays reading on a bright clear readout.
The BD-2100 uses integral contact pins mounted on top of meter that provide 5/16" penetration. Other Delmhorst moisture electrodes are accepted by the BD-2100 to increase the versatility of the instrument. A built-in calibration check keeps the instrument accurate.
The Delmhorst BD-2100 moisture meter is available in a number of package options:
- BD-2100W/CS includes the BD-2100 with 324CAS-0064 case
- BD-2100/PKG includes the BD-2100 with 324CAS-0065 case, 21-E electrode
- BD-2100/26/PKG includes the BD-2100 with 324CAS-0066 case, 26-ES electrode, (10) 496 pins
- BD-2100/EIFS/PKG includes the BD-2100 with 324CAS-0065 case, 21-E electrode, (2) 608-001 pins, HP-1 punch
- BD-2100/26/21/PKG includes the BD-2100 with 324CAS-0066 case, 26-ES & 21-E electrodes, (10) 496 pins
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications:
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Testing the Moisture of a Subfloor
The Background: Our customer is a homeowner who has discovered some water damage in a house he recently bought and wants a way to see if the damage extends into the subfloor.
The Problem: The customer is unsure of the extent of the water damage and doesn’t want to have to rip out the carpet and hardwood to find out which, of course would cause more damage.
The Solution: We recommended the Delmhorst BD-2100, a pin-type moisture meter optimized for measuring moisture content in a variety of different building materials. The BD-2100 uses interchangeable insulated contact pins including Delmhorst 496 contact pins which are 2” long and can penetrate up to 1-1/8” allowing the homeowner to poke through carpet and hardwood to check the moisture level of the subfloor without having to rip it out first.