Senix ToughSonic CHEM Ultrasonic Level Transmitters
Kynar PVDF chemically resistant housing, ultrasonic sensors for liquid level, distance measurement, or object detection up to 35ft max
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- PVDF housing protects against solvents, acids & bases
- 1in NPT/BSP universal thread upper mounting
- Lower mount is 1.5in for 10 or 20ft and 2in for 35ft
- -40 to 158°F (-40 to 70°C) environments
- 0 to 100% humidity
- Nominal 0.2% of range repeatability (at constant temp)
- SenixVIEW configuration and analysis software included
- Adjust interface, parameter timing, filters & modes
- Network up to 32 sensors
- 6 simultaneous user selected outputs
- Serial data
- NPN/PNP sinking or sourcing switches
- 0-10VDC or 4-20mA
- IP68, NEMA-4x, NEMA-6P protection
- CE compliance
Senix ToughSonic CHEM ultrasonic level transmitters are designed for measurement applications where corrosive chemical liquids or gasses are present. The upper and lower threading options and easy tank installation also make them a good choice for benign liquid level applications.
All ToughSonic sensors measure the distance to a target object by sending a sound wave, above the range of human hearing, at the object and then measuring the time for the sound echo to return. Knowing the speed of sound, the sensor can determine the distance of the object from the transducer element.
These include full epoxy potting, heavy duty electronics, ruggedized piezoelectric transducers and potted-in, UV resistant cables. They provide high-resolution, non-contact measurements, that are unaffected by the optical characteristics of the target.
Because they provide distance proportional output, target object distance and speed can be measured rather than just simple presence or proximity.
Senix ToughSonic CHEM Ultrasonic Level Transmitters Applications
- Diesel fuel levels in rail locomotives
- Liquid levels of solvents, acids & caustic chemicals for paper & food processing
- Object detection & non-liquid level applications where corrosive gasses are present
As well as the same type of applications as the non-CHEM ToughSonic sensors:
- Level Measurement - measure or control the level of liquid or solid materials
- Proximity - presence of and distance to objects to count or control their movement
- Dimensioning - the size of an object by measuring it's length, width and/or height
- Sort/Select - sort or select objects based on differences in their physical dimensions
- Roll Diameter - measure a roll to control tension or speed, or determine if full or empty
- Loop Control - control the position of material loops, including wires, tubes and webs
- Web Break - rapidly detect a broken web in a printing press or paper machine
SenixVIEW software allows you to access over 60 functionally organized parameters that affect operating range, sensitivity, measurement rates, outputs, output filters, condition responses and more. We recommend that you get the SenixVIEW Software Configuration Kit, it includes all hardware components needed for powering, connecting to and configuring your sensors using a Microsoft Windows PC via a USB port.
- Senix ToughSonic CHEM 10 Ultrasonic Level Transmitter Datasheet PDF (683 KB)
- Senix ToughSonic CHEM 20 Ultrasonic Level Transmitter Datasheet PDF (675 KB)
- Senix ToughSonic CHEM 35 Ultrasonic Level Transmitter Datasheet PDF (691 KB)