MSA ALTAIR Pro Single Gas Detector
High-performance single gas detector with features and functionality to provide worry-free performance in harsh industrial environments
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Unit detects CO, H₂S, O₂, NH₃, Cl₂, ClO₂, NO₂, SO₂, HCN or PH₃
- Gas concentration displayed on a large, clear, backlit LCD
- Automatically records the last 50 alarm/test events while simultaneously recording peak gas readings every three minutes in a periodic data log
- User can read data or change alarm set points by connecting unit to MSA Link via built-in IR communication port
- Adjustable alarm set points are offered for LOW, HIGH, TWA, and STEL
- No-miss quad alarm system includes bright flashing LEDs, piercing audible alarm, LCD notification, and an internal vibrating alarm
- Remote oxygen version attaches remotely to the end of a 10-foot cable
- Rubberized armor housing and one-button operation for maximum durability and simplicity
- Easy alarm check, bump check, fresh air zero, and calibration
- Easily replaceable batteries and sensors
- Tough rubberized housing offers excellent impact resistance as well as superior dust and water protection (rated IP67 except for O2-R)
- Built-in gas delivery adapter; no accessories are needed for gas response tests
- Compatible with the ALTAIR GALAXY® GX2 Automated Test System
The MSA ALTAIR Pro single-gas detector a high-performance, cost-effective instrument loaded with features and functionality to provide worry-free performance in the harshest industrial environments. The ALTAIR Pro incorporates simple, intuitive operation; small rugged design and dependable technology to make it the best-in-class choice for personal protection.
The MSA ALTAIR Pro detects CO, H₂S, O₂, NH₃, Cl₂, ClO₂, NO₂, SO₂, HCN or PH₃. The detector uses fast-responding 20 Series oxygen and toxic sensors, meeting UL, cUL, and ATEX standards. The replaceable sensors simply plug into internal circuit board for fast, easy replacement. An optional remote oxygen version attaches to the end of a 10-foot cable, rather than inside instrument housing.
The detector runs on a single, simple-to-install CR2 camera battery. Installed battery life is approximately 9,000 hrs. There is no long wake-up period each time units are activated as small amounts of power are supplied to sensors even when units are powered off.
The MSA ALTAIR Pro includes a data logging feature as standard. The unit automatically records the 50 latest events in the session log, while simultaneously recording peak gas readings or low O₂ readings every three minutes in a periodic data log. Combined, these tools provide a great way to assess alarm conditions, confirm bump tests or calibration and verify employee gas concentration exposures. To access data, simply link the unit to your MSA infrared adapter using standard built-in IR communication. MSA FiveStar® Link™ Software lets you view various logs, adjust alarm set points, assign specific names to units, and disable or activate particular features and options.
The MSA ALTAIR Pro single-gas detectors are highly water- and dust-resistant. Sealed units exceed industry average IP rating. Thick rubberized housing withstands accidental drops or other impacts and provides additional water ingress resistance. Metal screw inserts offer stability over the unit's lifetime. A durable suspension clip completes this tough outer shell.
The ALTAIR Pro is compatible with the GALAXY® GX2 Automated Test System for complete automatic calibration and record-keeping. MSA's ALTAIR QuickCheck® Station is an easy and cost-effective way to perform daily alarm and gas response tests on your ALTAIR Pro Single-Gas Detectors. The station is available in manual and automatic versions and quickly verifies that instruments are ready for the upcoming day's use.
The MSA ALTAIR Pro single-gas detectors are available as standard detectors as well as two specialized models. The ALTAIR Pro CO Steel and the ALTAIR Pro CO Fire. Both of these models are carbon monoxide detectors optimized for their respective industries. They include the enhanced ranges and durability to handle the extreme environments of steel mills and those found by first responders.
- MSA ALTAIR Pro Single Gas Detector Datasheet PDF (573 KB)
- MSA ALTAIR Pro CO Fire Gas Detector Datasheet PDF (402 KB)
- MSA ALTAIR Pro CO Steel Gas Detector Datasheet PDF (556 KB)
- MSA ALTAIR Pro Single Gas Detector Manual PDF (746 KB)
- MSA ALTAIR Pro Single Gas Detector Quick Start Guide PDF (234 KB)
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications: