MSA ALTAIR Single Gas Detector
High-performance, cost-effective single gas detectors designed for a superior lifespan
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Sensor options for CO, H₂S, and O₂
- Maintenance-free; no sensor or battery changes necessary
- Stainless steel and solid electrolyte construction virtually eliminate sensor leakage
- Event recorder stores 25 latest events automatically in instrument memory
- Built-in IR communications enables interface MSA Link™ Software
- Built-in gas delivery adapter for gas response tests
- No-miss triple alarm system includes bright flashing LEDs, piercing audible alarm, and an internal vibrating alarm
- Rubberized armor housing and one-button operation for maximum durability and simplicity
- Factory-calibrated detector with warranted two-year service life (1080 alarm minutes)
- Easy bump check and built-in calibration feature
- Bump check confirmed with checkmark on instrument LCD, displayed for 24 hours
- High-capacity battery
- Rated to IP67 for dust and water ingress
The MSA ALTAIR single gas detector is a high-performance, cost-effective solution designed for a superior lifespan. These highly portable detectors are available for CO, H₂S, and O₂ and contain a wide range of features that make them the ideal choice for person protection in environments which may contain dangerous gases.
Designed for superior lifespan, MSA ALTAIR single gas detectors operate for over two years maintenance-free. The long-life lithium battery offers significantly more capacity than its closest competitor and far outlasts the two minutes of alarm mode per day standard. ALTAIR single-gas detector units will not deactivate after two years of operation but will continue to deliver performance as long as battery capacity and sensor performance allow. No other maintenance-free single-gas detector in its class can beat this performance.
The innovative ALTAIR single gas detectors never require battery or sensor changes and uses simple, one-button operation. The unit allows for a simple bump check to be recorded and displayed onscreen via a checkmark for 24 hours. This checkmark is confirmation of not only an electronic circuit check but also of sensor response. While it is only necessary to perform a bump test to ensure proper sensor response, ALTAIR Single-Gas Detector offers built-in calibration as required in some facilities. The built-in gas delivery adapter means no misplaced accessories when conducting gas response tests, avoiding hidden replacement costs.
ALTAIR Single-Gas Detectors offer a simple, easy-to-read display. Large numeric display allows users to count down service life, alarm conditions, set points, peak reading, and hours in alarm since activation with accuracy and confidence. O2 version display helps users to identify current levels as well as highest and lowest readings at a glance. Users can perform fresh air setup and reset peak readings with the touch of a button. The ALTAIR records the 25 latest alarm events automatically, offering a great tool for alarm condition assessment: just connect it to your MSA InfraRed adapter using standard, built-in IR communication. Alarm set points can be adjusted manually prior to the unit's activation or through IR link after activation. The unit is also compatible with MSA's Galaxy Automated Test System for complete instrument calibration and record retention.
The MSA ALTAIR single gas detector includes a triple alarm system which provides visual, audible, and standard vibrating alarms, leaving no doubt for users in alarm situations. The detectors are also highly water- and dust-resistant and are tested to IP67. The simple yet effective design uses rubberized armor to seal units from water and dust ingress, providing a tight seal and exceeding the industry-average rating.
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications: