MSA ALTAIR 2X Gas Detector
One or two gas detector delivers unparalleled performance while minimizing cost and and delivering enhanced worker safety
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Dependable detector incorporates proven XCell® sensor technology
- Economical construction saves users on calibration gas, replacement sensors and maintenance
- Four-year sensor life is 60% longer than the industry average
- 3-year warranty on instrument & most sensors (2 years on Cl2, NH3)
- Stand-alone bump tests reduce maintenance, increase productivity
- Fastest sensor response times, lowest calibration gas flow rate on the market
- Detectors provide industry-exclusive end-of-sensor-life warning; save money by reducing instrument downtime and sensor inventory
- Agency-certified dust- and water-tight IP67 construction
- Unit features 95+ db alarm and ultra-bright LEDs
- Compatible with MSA GALAXY® GX2 Automated Test System and MSA Link Pro software
- Records 75 alarm events
- Tough over-molded rubber armor survives multiple 25-ft drops onto concrete
- Intrinsically-safe design
- Default setpoints:
- Carbon Monoxide: 25 ppm (low alarm), 100 ppm (high alarm), 100 ppm (STEL), 25 ppm (TWA)
- Carbon Monoxide HC: 25 ppm (low alarm), 100 ppm (high alarm), 100 ppm (STEL), 25 ppm (TWA)
- Hydrogen Sulfide: 10 ppm (low alarm), 15 ppm (high alarm), 15 ppm (STEL), 10 ppm (TWA)
- Hydrogen Sulfide LC (CO/H2S-LC sensor): 5.0 ppm (low alarm), 10.0 ppm (high alarm), 10.0 ppm (STEL), 1.0 ppm (TWA)
- Hydrogen Sulfide LC (SO2/H2S-LC sensor): 10.0 ppm (low alarm), 15.0 ppm (high alarm), 15.0 ppm (STEL), 10.0 ppm (TWA)
- Chlorine: 0.5 ppm (low alarm), 1.0 ppm (high alarm), 1.0 ppm (STEL), 0.5 ppm (TWA)
- Ammonia: 25 ppm (low alarm), 50 ppm (high alarm), 35 ppm (STEL), 25 ppm (TWA)
- Nitrogen Dioxide: 2.5 ppm (low alarm), 5.0 ppm (high alarm), 5.0 ppm (STEL), 2.5 ppm (TWA)
- Sulfur Dioxide: 2.0 ppm (low alarm), 5.0 ppm (high alarm), 5.0 ppm (STEL), 2.0 ppm (TWA)
The MSA ALTAIR 2X is a one or two gas detector that delivers unparalleled performance while minimizing total cost of ownership, increasing durability and delivering enhanced worker safety, compliance and traceability.
The MSA ALTAIR 2X gas detector is compatible with a wide range of XCell sensor options including SO₂, CO, H₂S, and NO₂, NH₃, and Cl₂. Their four-year sensor life is double the industry average, and they are engineered using MSA's proprietary application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) design. By miniaturizing sensor controlling electronics and placing them inside the sensor itself, MSA XCell Sensors offer superior stability, accuracy and repeatability.
Many of the XCell sensors utilize MSA's patented XCell pulse technology which creates a simple and inexpensive approach to bump testing. Pulse technology delivers the world's first stand-alone bump test, allowing a daily bump test to be performed without the need for any calibration accessories or bottled calibration gas. When the ] detector is turned on, it automatically begins an electronic pulse check that activates the sensor catalyst and electrolyte interaction and makes minor corrections against prior calibration values. The user completes a simple flow check by exhaling toward the sensor inlet. An oxygen detector embedded in the sensor, that is only active during the pulse and flow check, detects the drop in oxygen content of exhaled breath. If both of these checks pass, the detector passes the bump test.
The ALTAIR 2X gas detector is as tough and functional as it looks. A rugged housing provides unsurpassed durability, including the ability to survive multiple 25-foot drops onto concrete. It as an intrinsically-safe design and includes agency-certified dust- and water-tight IP67 construction.
The MSA ALTAIR 2X is available with a wide range of options. Please contact us for additional information.
- MSA ALTAIR 2X Gas Detector Datasheet PDF (335 KB)
- MSA ALTAIR 2XT Two-Tox Gas Detector Datasheet PDF (4.4 MB)
- MSA ALTAIR 2X Gas Detector Manual PDF (5.8 MB)
- MSA ALTAIR 2X Gas Detector Spanish Manual PDF (6.1 MB)
- MSA ALTAIR 2X Gas Detector Quick Start Guide PDF (3.0 MB)
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications: