MSA ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector
Rugged, multi-gas meter loaded with features that provide maximum safety while making the instrument easy to use
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Durable detector tests levels of combustible gases in LEL and/or volume percentage range, oxygen, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide, ammonia, chlorine and many others depending on sensor configuration
- Now available with integrated PID sensor for VOC detection
- Field-proven integral pump provides consistent gas flow
- High performance XCell sensors last longer than comparable models, up to 4 years, depending on sensor type
- Rapid bump test gives results in under 10 seconds for most common sensor configurations
- Span calibration time of 60 seconds for most common sensor configurations
- MotionAlert option tells others that user has become immobile
- InstantAlert provides manual alarm to alert others of a dangerous situation
- A rugged polycarbonate housing provides unsurpassed durability, including the ability to survive a 10ft (3m) drop
- Minimum IP65 rating for dust and water ingress
- High resolution, customizable color display provides crystal clear visibility indoors or out, even in bright sunlight
- Monochrome display provides cost effective solutions without sacrificing basic functions expected from a high-end gas detector
- GALAXY® GX2 System-compatible for automatic testing, calibration and record keeping
- Lithium-ion battery pack provides over 18 hours of run time with virtually no memory effects and fast battery recharge
- MSA Link™ Pro and MSA Link Software allows all stored records to be easily accessed for printed calibration reports and alarm set point changes
- Visual, vibrating and audible alarms grab user’s attention, indicating a potentially hazardous situation
- Large, ergonomically-designed buttons ensure easy reach and operation, even with gloved hands
What's in the Box
- Calibration cap
- Quick-start card
- CD manual
The MSA ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector is a rugged instrument that boasts several options that provide maximum safety and make it easy to use in even the most demanding situations. The ALTAIR 5X is capable of measuring up to 6 gases simultaneously and is driven by advanced MSA XCell Sensor Technology. These sensors offer superior response time, stability, accuracy, and reliability together with an extended service life. It is now also available with an integrated PID sensor for VOC detection.
The ALTAIR 5X multigas detector tests levels of combustible gases in LEL and/or volume percentage range, oxygen, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide, ammonia, chlorine and many others depending on sensor configuration. A field-proven integral pump provides consistent gas flow without the problems of externally- attached components. Results are clearly shown on the high resolution, customizable monochrome or optional color display which provides crystal clear visibility indoors or out, even in bright sunlight.
The ALTAIR 5X multigas detector features large buttons for easy use, even with gloves, and its rugged IP 65 certified polycarbonate housing provides unsurpassed durability, including the ability to survive a 10ft (3m) drop. The detector also boasts the exclusive MotionAlert, which lets others know if the user has become immobile, and InstantAlert, a manual alarm that alerts others if a dangerous situation has arisen. The versatile MSA Link allows user to transmit data to a computer while unit is also the GALAXY GX2 System-compatible for automatic testing, calibration and record keeping. Over 18 hours of run-time is provided by the quick-recharge Li-ion battery pack.
The MSA ALTAIR 5X is available with a wide range of options. Please contact us for additional information.
- MSA ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector Instruction Manual PDF (12.7 MB)
- MSA ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector Operation Manual PDF (6.1 MB)
- MSA ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector Assemble-To-Order System & Pricing Guide PDF (1.1 MB)
- MSA ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector Addendum: Cross Reference Factors (78 KB)
- Gas Detectors for Fire Service PDF (1.6 MB)
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications: