Sondar SF-500S Ultrasonic Flow Meter
Ultrasonic open channel flow and level measurement for weirs and flumes
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
The Sondar SF-500S Ultrasonic Flow Meter requires the Sondar LXD-04 Flow Sensor be ordered as an accessory.
- Ultrasonic non-contacting measurement designed for open channel applications
- Includes formulations for various flume and weir styles
- Measurement range: 0.00 to 200,000.00 m/h
- Accuracy: 0.2% of F.S
- Damping rate: 0.1 to 100 m/min, adjustable
- Resolution: 1mm
- Illuminated graphic LCD display
- Two 4-20mA analog outputs into max 750Ω
- 3 Relays
- RS232, RS485, Modbus
- USB firmware upgrading
- USB data downloading
- IP IP65 Rated
- Temperature range: -20 to 60℃ (-4 to 140℉)
- Internal datalogging can range over 672 days at a one hour interval
- Power Supply
- 100 to 230V AC ±15%, 50/60Hz, 29VA(12W)
- 9 to 30V DC, Max 8W
The Sondar SF-500S is an ultrasonic non-contacting flow meter designed for open channel applications. It operates on the principle that the water level is specifically related to flow rate in standardized flumes and weirs. Using this principle, the SF-500S measures water level, calculate flow, and displays accurate instant/total flow rate. The unit provides a variety of weirs and flumes formulations for use in different applications.
The Sondar SF-500S has a measurement range from 0.00 to 200,000.00 m/h with an accuracy of 0.2% of F.S. The measured flow information is saved in the memory of SF-500S and it can be downloaded by USB or transmitted by the digital communication such as RS232, RS485 or Modbus.
The Sondar SF-500S non-contact, ultrasonic flow meter utilizes the Sondar LXD-04 sensor for open channel flow, it provides accurate level reading.
Applications of the Sondar SF-500S Ultrasonic Flow Meter
- Parshall flumes
- Suppressed rectangular weirs
- Contracted rectangular weirs
- V-notch (triangular) weirs
- Cipolletti weirs
- Leopold Lagco flumes
- Palmer Bowlus flumes
- H flumes
- Trapezoidal flumes
These additional components are required for the operation of your product. We strongly advise you to purchase these components unless you already own them or own a suitable alternative.