Dakota Ultrasonics VX Velocity Gauge
Displays sound velocity of the material either in point-to-point or scan mode
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Velocity range: 0.0492 to 0.3937 in/μs. (1250 to 14,000 m/s)
- Measuring range: 0.025 to 19.999" (0.63 to 500mm)
- English or Metric units
- Accepts duel-element transducer with 1 to 10 MHz frequency range
- Multi-function 4.5 digit liquid crystal display
- Two 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells
- Operates for 80 hours on alkaline and 20 hours on NiCad
- 5 year limited warranty
- Factory calibration traceable to NIST & MIL-STD-45662A
The Dakota Ultrasonics VX Velocity Gauge measures materials such as casts, alloys, or plastics, the VX displays the speed of sound (velocity) through the material; thus giving an indication of its consistency.
The VX gauge has 2 measuring modes: The Point-to-Point mode, which is simply placing the probe to the material and the gauge will display the velocity at that point. The Scan mode allows the operator to place the probe on the material and then move the probe along the surface; when the probe is lifted from the material, it will then display the fastest velocity the gauge found on the area covered.
The VX is packaged in an all metal case, sealed with gaskets to protect them from harsh working environments. This gauge can go where you go, to do the work you do, saving you time and money, making fast accurate measurements.
The VX kit includes:
- Standard transducer: 5MHz, 1/4" dia, potted, side entry, for chassis tubing
- Plastic carrying case
- AA batteries
- PC Engine Mapping Software
- Transfer Cable included with PR-8V gauge
This product can be used in the following applications: