Alicat Scientific PCD Series Pressure Controller
Dual valve controller with independently controlled intake and exhaust valves for fast and stable pressure control inside a closed system
Need Help? Call a Flow Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open 8:00am to 5:00pm ET
- Gauge, absolute or differential pressures
- Up to 500psi
- Accurate to 0.25% of full scale
- Repeatable to 0.08% of full scale
- Fully functional digital display with pushbutton control
- No warm up time
- Viton seals with other options available
- Standard barrel type power connector
- RS-232 multi-drop digital input/output
- Optional RS-485 digital output ProfiBUS
- Multiple display options
- Choice of analog input/output
- 0-5Vdc, 0-10Vdc, 1-5Vdc, or 4-20mA
- 200:1 turndown ratio
- Allows gauge to measure 1/200th of its full scale
- User tunable PID algorithm
- Setpoint control and loop tuning via display
- Able to operate with flow rates as high as 2500SLPM
- Compatible with a variety of gases and liquids
- NPT process connections
- CSA or ATEX certifications available
- Lifetime warranty
The Alicat Scientific PCD series pressure controller utilizes independently controlled intake and exhaust valves to achieve fast and stable pressure control inside a closed, or dead headed, system. Systems with no in-line flow that require pressure control have previously required installation of a relief valves for pressure control. This method, although effective, resulted in wasted process gas, poor repeatability, and poor accuracy. The Alicat PCD series dual valve pressure controller eliminates the need for bleed ports and relief valves.
The Alicat PCD is available in gauge and absolute ranges to 500 psi as well as differential ranges to 100 psi. Using a modified PID closed loop control and a proportional control on each valve results in a total full scale accuracy of ± 0.25% across all ranges. The modified loop and proportional control not only produces increases in precision control of the process pressure in closed or nearly closed systems, it also eliminates dead-band that is inherent in other pressure controllers that use pressure switches and on/off valves.
The Alicat PCD series pressure controller uses only one valve at a time automatically switching the PID control to the required valve. By opening and closing one valve at a time, gas venting required to maintain a setpoint is significantly reduced. The PCD pressure controller has been used in a variety of industries ranging from semiconductor manufacturing to biopharmaceutical testing.
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications: