Badger Meter Recordall Compound Series Meter
Combine two metering technologies in one innovative package
Need Help? Call a Flow Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Design eliminates the need for a trigger valve and maintains crossover accuracy
- Sealed, multi-position register
- Straight-reading odometer-type totalization display
- 360° test circle with center sweep hand and flow finder to detect leaks
- Compatibility with a range of automatic meter reading systems
- Maximum operating pressure: 150 psi (10 bar)
- Maximum operating temperature: 105°F (41°C)
- NSF/ANSI Standard 61 Certified, Annex G
The Badger Meter Recordall® Compound Series meters combine two metering technologies in one innovative package. A positive displacement chamber measures low flow, while a turbine chamber records high flow.
Badger Meter ORION® and GALAXY® AMR/AMI meter reading systems are available for all Compound Series meters. Itron® ERT reading systems are also available. An optional summator can be provided as an integral part of the register assembly. All register options are removable from the meter without disrupting water service.
Use the Recordall Compound meter for measuring potable cold water in commercial and industrial applications where flow is in one direction only. The meter is an ideal choice for facilities that experience rapid and wide fluctuations in water demand, such as hospitals, universities, residential complexes and manufacturing or processing facilities.
Compound Series meters are available in cast bronze or a lead-free alloy and comply with NSF/ANSI Standard 61, Annex G. The meters carry the NSF-61 Mark, Trade Designation: Compound Series LL-NS.
At low flow rates, the Compound Series meter diverts water up through a bypass to the disc chamber. Leaving the chamber's outlet port, water flows beyond the turbine element and main valve. As the flow rate increases, a pressure differential is created that opens the main valve. The water then flows straight through the turbine chamber. In addition, a portion still flows through the disc chamber before exiting the meter.
Rotor and disc movements are transmitted by magnetic drive couplings to individual register odometers. The direct magnetic drive provides a positive, reliable and dependable register coupling for straight-reading or remote reading options. And the selflubricating thermoplastic register gearing is designed to minimize friction and provide long life.
The Recordall Compound Series meets or exceeds registration accuracy for low, normal operating, maximum continuous operation, and changeover flow rates as specified in AWWA Standard C702.
The Recordall Compound Series meter's construction complies with ANSI and AWWA C702 standards. It consists of three basic components: meter housing, interchangeable measuring elements, and sealed direct reading registers. The measuring element consists of the disc measuring chamber, turbine head assembly, and high flow valve assembly. To simplify maintenance, the registers and measuring elements can be removed without removing the meter housing from the line.
The meter is designed for installations where flow is in one direction only. A separate strainer is required to ensure optimum flow conditioning and protection of the measuring element. Companion flanges for installation of meters on various pipe types and sizes are available in cast iron or bronze as an option.
- Badger Meter Recordall Compound Series 8 Inch Meter Datasheet PDF (445 KB)
- Badger Meter Recordall Compound Series 2, 3, 4, & 6 Inch Meter Datasheet PDF (601 KB)
- Badger Meter Recordall Compound Series 8 Inch Meter Manual PDF (1.7 MB)
- Badger Meter Recordall Compound Series 2, 3, 4, & 6 Inch Meter Manual PDF (2.4 MB)
- Badger Meter Recordall Compound Series Meter Fabricated Steel Strainers PDF (160 KB)
- Badger Meter Recordall Compound Series Meter Bronze Plate Strainers PDF (315 KB)
- Badger Meter Recordall Compound Series Meter Stainer Warranty PDF (101 KB)
- Instrumart's Flow Application Form PDF (110 KB)
This product can be used in the following applications:
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Monitoring Whole Building Water Usage
The Background: Our customer is a building management company that is looking for a method of monitoring whole building water consumption. The building houses a large number of office spaces, each with their own water meter but nothing that tracks total water consumption for the building.
The Problem: Water usage inside a multi-unit building ranges wildly depending on what each individual unit is doing at the time… from nothing at all to every toilet being flushed at once. That sort of range makes it difficult to measure accurately
The Solution: We recommended the Badger Meter Recordall Compound flow meter which was designed to specifically handle this situation. The Recordall Compound is essentially two meters in one with a change-over mechanism that automatically diverts flow from the high velocity turbine to the low flow nutating disc sensor. To track total water consumption, the customer need only to add the two totalizer readings together.