Megger DC Dielectric Test Sets
Compact, portable, air insulated, uses no oil, ±2% accuracy
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:00pm ET
- Leakage current measurement as low as 0.1 mA
- Continuously variable test voltage w/ zero-start safety interlock
- Fast charging of high-capacitance samples
- Current guard circuit for highly accurate measurements
- Strip chart recorder for hard copies (optionally available)
- Input and output line circuit breaker
- Output current overload relay
- Zero-start interlock
- Switch control and indicating lights
- Full circuit breaker protection
The Megger 5kV and 15kV DC Dielectric Test Sets measure leakage current while applying a dc voltage at or above the insulation system's operating level. This measurement aids in determining the insulation system's ability to withstand overvoltages such as lightning strikes and switching surges.
Megger portable dc dielectric test sets check the electrical insulation quality of motors, power cables, switchgear, insulators, transformers and capacitors. Typical applications include acceptance and maintenance testing of critical equipment used by electrical utility substations and industrial plant distribution systems. Power apparatus manufacturers may also use the equipment to perform QA/QC production tests.
The test sets can be used to perform step-voltage and proof tests which, when incorporated into a routine maintenance program, can aid in predicting potential failure before breakdown occurs.
Two models are available; a 5-kV unit for testing equipment rated 2.5 kV and below, and a 15-kV model for use on equipment rated 7.5 kV and below. Both are suitable for testing power cable, switchgear and rotating machinery in accordance with IEEE, ICEA, NEMA and ANSI guidelines.
- Ground connection cable, 10 ft [3 m]
- kV/MΩ test record graph paper (100-sheet pad)
- Power cord, for 220015
- Instruction manual, for 220005
- Instruction manual, for 220015