Megger 5 kV and 15 kV Megohmmeters
Continuously variable test voltage, rugged field construction, circuit-breaker protection
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Zero-start, high-voltage interlock
- Shielded, high-voltage output cable permanently connected to the instrument
- Circuit-breaker protection
- Redundant grounding connections
- Easy-to-follow, color-coded meter scales
- Analog metering for monitoring of variable measurements
- Rugged field construction
The 5- and 15-kV Megohm-meters are high-voltage, lineoperated instruments. They provide a continuously variable test voltage for highly sensitive insulationresistance measurements of all types of electrical equipment and power cable.
The instruments are designed to withstand harsh field conditions, and feature tough, impact-resistance casing, removable lids and adjustable carrying straps. For complete portability, there is ample room in each case to store cables and the instruction manual.
The units are suitable for dielectric absorption and stepvoltage testing. Two models are available:
The 5-kV Megohmmeter measures up to 100,000 MΩ provides output from 250 volts to 5 kV, with direct reading up to 50,000 MΩ at 2.5 kV.
The 15-kV Megohmmeter provides direct reading measurements up to 100,000 MΩ at 5 kV and up to 200,000 MΩ at 10 kV, with a multiplying factor for all other voltages up to 15 kV.
The 15-kV model also features an internal voltage stabilizer that may be activated for improved measurement under extreme field conditions. Separate on/off controls are provided for power and high voltage, and a red light indicates when high voltage is on.
- Ground connection cable, 10 ft [3 m]
- Test record card, universal
- Power cord, for Cat. No. 210415
- Instruction manual for 5-kV model
- Instruction manual for 15-kV model
- Megger Guide to Electrical Insulation Testing PDF (1.2 MB)
- Megger A Guide To Insulation Testing Above 1 kV Datasheet PDF (1.4 MB)