AEMC 8510 Digital Transformer Ratiometer
Measures power transformers, VT/PTs and current transformer CT turn ratios with easy setup; no calibration or balancing required
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Displays turn ratio, excitation current, winding polarity and % deviation from the nameplate values
- Smart/fast battery charger with universal input voltage (100-240 V, 50-60 Hz) charges batteries in less than 4 hours
- Internal NiMH battery packs provide up to 10 hours of continuous operation
- Tests performed by exciting the primary and reading the secondary; provides safer conditions for the operator
- Display warns of incorrect lead connection, reverse polarity, open and short circuits
- Large dual display with adjustable contrast ensures clearer visibility in any lighting environment day or night
- Stores up to 10,000 test results in internal memory automatically or by user selection
The AEMC 8510 Digital Transformer Ratiometer (DTR) is a portable meter designed for on-site testing of power, potential and current transformers. When connected to a non-energized transformer, the AEMC DTR Model 8510 accurately measures primary to secondary turns ratio while simultaneously displaying polarity and excitation current.
The AEMC 8510 DTR is fully automatic and uses the IEEE C57.12-90-2006 test method. No user calibration, range selection, hand cranking or tedious balancing is required. At each measurement the 8510 DTR automatically checks for open windings, connections, circuit breakers, short circuits (excess excitation current), incorrect test lead placement, and reverse polarity. Measurements are displayed quickly and accurately.
The AEMC 8510 DTR is designed with operator safety in mind. Tests are performed at low voltage and, unlike other ratiometers, step-down excitation is employed. This method, in conjunction with an integral H/X reverse protection circuit, guards against the generation of hazardous test voltages normally associated with other transformer ratio measurement instruments.
A large, dual line alphanumeric LCD with adjustable contrast and backlight guarantees day/night readability. Power is supplied by integral NiMH battery. Batteries are charged by an external smart charger. Both rugged and reliable, the 8510 is built into an attractive, sealed structural polyproplylene case designed to withstand the rigors of field use. Up to 10,000 tests can be stored in the DTR's internal memory and downloaded to a PC for analysis and report generation using the included DataView software.
This product can be used in the following applications: