Ametek MTC Series Temperature Calibrator Inserts
Assorted inserts for use with MTC series marine dry-block calibrators
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
This product is an accessory for the following products:
Using the wrong insertion tube in a dry-block calibrator can prevent the calibrator from meeting the temperature specifications.
Important things to remember when using inserts.
- Remove inserts from the well with the insert removal tool
- Remove the inserts after calibration, as it might cause problems to remove them later on if they stay in the well for longer periods.
- Take care when removing hot or cold inserts and use adequate protective equipment if necessary.
- Make certain that the sensors and inserts are free from any particles or dirt before inserting them into the well. Inserts are designed to fit perfectly into the well thus maximizing the thermal conductivity. If not the insert may be jammed.
- Remove regularly build-up of dirt an dust from inserts and wells with a cloth or detergent.
Important things to avoid when using inserts
- Do not force inserts or sensors into the well.
- Do not drop any foreign materials into the well.
- Do not use oil or other liquids to optimize the thermal conductivity due to risk of leakage, which will destroy the other components.
- Do not use inserts of metals dissimilar to that of the block, unless specified by the manufacturer as this may cause a different degree of expansion and contraction.