Badger Meter FT-1, PFT-2 and FT-2XP Signal Transmitters
Meter mounted mechanical unscaled pulse transmitters
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Switch rating of 120V & 0.5A maximum
- Approximately 50% duty cycle
- Does not require external power
- High 250°F temperature rating
- Watertight construction
- NEMA 4 (bronze) or NEMA 4X (plastic)
- Hermetically sealed reed switch output
- Works with most flow controllers & counters with scaling
- FT-2XP transmitter is approved for hazardous locations
- CSA listed for Class 1, Group D, Division I & II
This product is an accessory for the following products:
The Badger Meter FT-1, PFT-2 and FT-2XP mechanical transmitters are designed for use with Badger's magnetic drive meters. Mounted on the meter, the transmitter can be wired to the PC-100 batch controller, ER-8 and ER-9 registers, or other pulse-operated instruments that have scaling capabilities and that can receive pulses from a reed switch. Typical applications would be chemical batching systems, chemical additive systems, and other applications that require totalizing meter flow and monitoring rate of flow of fluid passing through the flow meter.
The FT-2XP transmitter is identical to the PFT-2 except for the housing. The PFT-2 transmitter has a glass-filled plastic housing and a NEMA 4X rating. The FT-2XP transmitter housing is cast bronze and is CSA listed for use in hazardous locations. The FT-1 is offered only on the OP meter and is mounted in the OP housing directly with a stainless steel cover. These transmitters do not have gear trains. The reed switch is directly coupled to the drive magnet within the meter.
The FT-2XP is for use with Badger Meter disc and OP flow meters. The PFT-2 is for use with Badger Meter disc meters and Recordall turbo meters. The FT-1 is for use with Badger Meter OP meters.